Esteemed Contributor

Top Chef getting closer to finale

Have been watching Top Chef this season . One of my favorites is still in the race,  Chef Shota Nakajima . I'd love to taste his creations along with Chef Dawn Burrell  and Chef Gabe Erales . My other favorite Jamie Tran  was out of the competition after coming back from last chance kitchen.

Who are your favorites ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Top Chef getting closer to finale

My favorite was Sara. Sadly, she's long gone now. I thought she might win it all.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I think all three could win.  I think they are all strong. 

Sara was my favorite as well.  

I think all in all it was a good season. I really enjoyed seeing past cheftestsnts as judges. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please remember that people watching under Pacific time won’t know the results until 1:00 am eastern time so maybe use the spoiler option if anyone posts the winner 🙂.  That being said, I can never stand the suspense and always cheat and look ahead lol. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I want to eat Shota's creations.  His dishes look the best of all.  He would be so great  starrring in his own cooking show.  He is very young and very smart. with a good personality.  And he knows exactly what he is doing! Man Tongue

Honored Contributor

I was happy with who won.

Frequent Contributor

I was happy with who won as well until I found out this morning that

Spoiler
Gabriel was fired from his restaurant because of harrasment and discrimination. 

Now I know I was cheering the right person on all along,

Spoiler
Shota, whom I wish had won.
Respected Contributor

@Beachgirl42 I’ve been reading about that too 😩.

Honored Contributor

My favorite won.  I didn't know anything about those charges???  Most of those dishes they all cook I would never eat.  Too fancy for me and most of the stuff I have never even heard of.  They are all very talented though.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

As to the winner, I am not sure they knew during filming what his sitory was as he was fired after filming finished. It filmed in September and October. I understand they felft it was unfair to all of the other chefs to not air the season. 

I have to say I felt for Jamie during the finale. She worked hard for Dawn. While I was not a big fan of hers, she deserves credit for that. I was getting tired watching her and all she was doing. 

I still think it was a good season and we got to see some amazing chefs.