Respected Contributor

Re: Top Chef ALL STARS Season 17 in L.A. 2020

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

Bravo announced the 15 finalists, front runners, and fan favorites returning to the competition this spring.

Check out the All Stars returning for Top Chef Season 17, below:

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/top-chef-season-17-all-stars-cast-list-premiere-date

Thanks for posting this.  I was too lazy and just posted the video instead on another thread I started. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

here is another article, with chef pics, in case you dont recognize the name.

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/top-chef-season-17-cast-chefs-contestants

Thanks for that.   By the names I really had no idea, except that one of the Voltaggio brothers is listed.    I recognize quite a few of them.  Only one jumps out right away as one I definitely don't like - Jennifer.  

From the list you see that some have been on more than once so it seems like they are running out of chefs who want to be contestants.  Of course, I could be wrong.  

Have to make sure I have a Pass for the 'All Stars' iteration of the show.

Trusted Contributor

I am looking forward to seeing Joe Sasto, Kevin Gillespe and Bryan Voltaggio. Some of the others I do not not remember. I probably will once the season starts.

Not looking forward to Jen Carrol.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm kind of the opposite of most of you when it comes to Jennifer Carroll. I love watching her. She doesn't take criticism well (pretty common among chefs) and doesn't mind standing up to the judges and defending her dishes. She's very feisty and likely a real pain in the (you know) to work with, but she brings a spark and intensity to the show. A lot of the chefs will rave about their dish then as soon as a judge says something critical they'll nod as if they agree with the judge and bow their head in submission. Not Jen. She's more reaching for a knife to kill the judge who criticizes her food. She brings an intensity and passion to the kitchen that's fun to watch, at least for me.

I'm looking forward to the new season. Most of the chefs I recognize from the pictures, but they never made much of an impact on me. Jen makes an impact. She won't last long on the show because of her personality, but she won't go down without a fight. She's a very feisty little chef and I find her fun to watch.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!