Honored Contributor

Re: Top Chef S14 Ep. 8 *Spoliers*

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I didn't know there was a TC Mexico.  Interesting.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/top-chef-m-xico-looks-wow-americans-its-chefs-n520751

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Katsuji can be one of the chefs back to help for the finale.  And no one wants him so it will be funny to see who gets stuck with him.

The interesting thing with this RW was that they didn't have to do much with the space, it was really just about food, name and front of the house.  I prefer the ones where they have to decorate and everything.  It adds another element and makes it more "their" restaurant.

I'd forgotten they bring back the cast off chefs as assistants in the finale. If I was picking I don't think I'd put John and Katsuji on the same team.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I finally got to sit down and watch. 

I thougth it it was a good episode. I think they sent the right person home. He was trying to do way too much. But John was no better with his dish and behavior. And what a mess that kitchen was. 

I always wonder how how long the judges deliberate to make the final decision. I wish we could see more of that. I find it interesting to hear how they break it down. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Back when the judges used to do blogs every week, they talked about the judging and how long they deliberated and what they ultimately boiled it down to.

Those blogs were great insight.

In the past, chefs have talked about how long they stayed in the stew room waiting for the decision.  I have a feeling it's much shorter now only because the judges give them feedback up front when they are eating the dish, so it's pretty much already decided who is on the chopping block before they even get to judge's table.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Back when the judges used to do blogs every week, they talked about the judging and how long they deliberated and what they ultimately boiled it down to.

Those blogs were great insight.

In the past, chefs have talked about how long they stayed in the stew room waiting for the decision.  I have a feeling it's much shorter now only because the judges give them feedback up front when they are eating the dish, so it's pretty much already decided who is on the chopping block before they even get to judge's table.

I think one time they kept the chef's waiting for 14 hours while the judges deliberated. That's kind of brutal for the chefs. I don't think this past week was terribly tough for the judges.

Sheldon and Casey weren't seriously considered for elimination leaving just John and Katsuji. Casey's dessert was pretty basic and simple, but it was good. Her front of the house started out very well, but slipped when chaos took over in the kitchen and she had to help out back there. John didn't really cook anything at the service, though he helped a ton in the prep beforehand, so they couldn't really judge him on the food. Katsuji cooked four dishes and three were less than impressive, so he got the boot. John had everything in the kitchen a mess, but his food has generally been pretty good when he's cooked. Katsuji is pretty much all Mexican food all the time and he's been a bit limited as a chef.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Sheldon is one of my favorites. As is Silva, I felt bad hearing what happened to his restaurant and the toll it took on his health.

With the exception of Emily, John or Shirley, I am ok with who could win.

I do not think Emily is in the same league as most of them. John's behavior may be better this season, until the past two episodes. And his dish was crab pimento cheese.! And I can't explain it for Shirley, I did not like her in her original season, and still do not.      

Honored Contributor

The future is cooking up something fantastic. Top Chef has just been renewed for Season 15.

That means the hunt for next season's crew of talented cheftestants is officially on. Top Chef is heading out on a nationwide search for the next champion of this culinary competition beginning on January 29. Those interested can make appointments for meet and greets held at restaurants owned by Top Chef alumni and friends, such as Traci Des Jardins, John Tesar, and Isaac Toups. These appointments will take place in cities like San Francisco, Dallas, and New Orleans. Head on over to the Top Chef Season 15 casting page for more info. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

The future is cooking up something fantastic. Top Chef has just been renewed for Season 15.

That means the hunt for next season's crew of talented cheftestants is officially on. Top Chef is heading out on a nationwide search for the next champion of this culinary competition beginning on January 29. Those interested can make appointments for meet and greets held at restaurants owned by Top Chef alumni and friends, such as Traci Des Jardins, John Tesar, and Isaac Toups. These appointments will take place in cities like San Francisco, Dallas, and New Orleans. Head on over to the Top Chef Season 15 casting page for more info. 

Good! I love Top Chef.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!