Regular Contributor

Re: Top Chef Next Season Starts Thursday, December 7

Last Chance Kitchen has started already!  It's interesting to see who is participating and who gets the boot!! I don't want to say anymore in case some haven't watched it yet.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

Can't wait for this season.  Haven't missed one season yet.  I haven't been watching LCK on line though.  Anyone?  I know Jen Carroll is there and I can't stand her. 

I love Jen Carroll. She really has an edge to her and is always convinced her food is the best, despite what the judges say. That's pretty typical of most of the really good chefs I've been around. While the other chefs may internalize it and mutter to themselves that the judges are wrong, Jen just comes out and tells them they're wrong to their faces. She doesn't put on the phony "Thanks for having me" nonsense as they're dismissing her. She tells them they're wrong, and she doesn't deserve to be getting the boot. She's a pretty gutsy young woman who doesn't back down. The typical chef on Top Chef just nods their head and accepts the judge's criticism and then thanks them afterwards. Not Jen. She's going down fighting every inch of the way.

@gardenman  I say her ego needs adjusting.  She was rude and a bad sport, to say the least, but did add drama to the season.

Honored Contributor

Ok as usual I fell asleep 15 minutes before the end of the show.  Yep, each time it was aired and now I'll have to wait for Comcast to allow me to watch it On Demand . . . sigh.

I have to say I really enjoyed what I was able to stay awake for and so far it doesn't seem like these chefs are going to bring the drama that other seasons have which is more than fine with me.  I did see who was let go and I think they made the right decision as she seemed to be a bit over her ski's so to speak.

I'll have to check LCK as I caught a brief glimpse of Jen Carroll in a preview and that girl needs to back away from the Forever Blonde box of hair color . . . 

@DrKelli you live in an absolutely gorgeous part of the country, enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Ok as usual I fell asleep 15 minutes before the end of the show.  Yep, each time it was aired and now I'll have to wait for Comcast to allow me to watch it On Demand . . . sigh.

I have to say I really enjoyed what I was able to stay awake for and so far it doesn't seem like these chefs are going to bring the drama that other seasons have which is more than fine with me.  I did see who was let go and I think they made the right decision as she seemed to be a bit over her ski's so to speak.

I'll have to check LCK as I caught a brief glimpse of Jen Carroll in a preview and that girl needs to back away from the Forever Blonde box of hair color . . . 

@DrKelli you live in an absolutely gorgeous part of the country, enjoy!

I fell asleep at judges table but I DVR'ed it and rewound it.  I remember Fatima from Chopped.  I think she won too.  Can't recall right now.

LOL re Jen Carroll's blondeness.  I was thinking the same thing.  Did she lose a lot of weight or something since her face is so drawn and has huge lines going down it.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

Can't wait for this season.  Haven't missed one season yet.  I haven't been watching LCK on line though.  Anyone?  I know Jen Carroll is there and I can't stand her. 

I love Jen Carroll. She really has an edge to her and is always convinced her food is the best, despite what the judges say. That's pretty typical of most of the really good chefs I've been around. While the other chefs may internalize it and mutter to themselves that the judges are wrong, Jen just comes out and tells them they're wrong to their faces. She doesn't put on the phony "Thanks for having me" nonsense as they're dismissing her. She tells them they're wrong, and she doesn't deserve to be getting the boot. She's a pretty gutsy young woman who doesn't back down. The typical chef on Top Chef just nods their head and accepts the judge's criticism and then thanks them afterwards. Not Jen. She's going down fighting every inch of the way.

@gardenman  I say her ego needs adjusting.  She was rude and a bad sport, to say the least, but did add drama to the season.

She behaved well on LCK. It'll be interesting watching four chefs competing in LCK each week.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

She behaved well on LCK. It'll be interesting watching four chefs competing in LCK each week.

Thank you for bringing this up @gardenman as I agree.  She was much more gracious in the LCK episode.  I accidently watched the LCK out of order so I was a bit confused but really enjoyed the first episode.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

Thank you for bringing this up @gardenman as I agree.  She was much more gracious in the LCK episode.  I accidently watched the LCK out of order so I was a bit confused but really enjoyed the first episode.

They were taking a chance with the chefs they started out LCK with. Marcel and Jen are not especially even tempered chefs. Kwame seemed to be pretty mellow and I didn't really remember the other woman from season one (or was it two?) I was surprised they were able to get Marcel back. After his earlier appearance on Top Chef he got bonked on the head with a beer bottle by a non-fan who recognized him and didn't particularly like him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

As always, for me, LCK is always better.  I love Tom and I think he is great on this show.  While I don't like anyone coming back for any reason on any reality show, I have to make my peace with it because that is the state of reality tv today.

At least this year they are forcing the returning person to work for the spot.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@SWEET I haven't watched it yet, ugh, she's back again?

Trusted Contributor

My Tivo messed up. Showed it was recorded but when I went to watch the episode

it was not there. Very odd. Luckily it was available On Demand. 

I liked the the first episode. The majority of the chefs seem talented and nice. 

There were a lot of dishes I wish I could have tried. Both Chef Joes dishes and the soul food Amish Chef. 

I felt bad for the first eliminated Chef. Potato’s did her in. 

This may seem shallow but the one chef with the spotted glasses was 

distracting. All I could focus on was her glasses. 

Looking forward to to next weeks episode.