Honored Contributor

Top Chef Next Season Starts Thursday, December 7

Apologies in advance as I have zero additional information as I just caught a commercial for this but wanted to give folks a heads up that may be interested.  I love watching Top Chef and even though they have broken my heart the last few seasons I am all in once again . . . Perfecto animated emoticon

Valued Contributor

Re: Top Chef Next Season Starts Thursday, December 7

I am also looking forward to it. 

Trusted Contributor

I am excited for this new season. This is one of my favorite shows. 

Respected Contributor

Can't wait for this season.  Haven't missed one season yet.  I haven't been watching LCK on line though.  Anyone?  I know Jen Carroll is there and I can't stand her. 

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

Can't wait for this season.  Haven't missed one season yet.  I haven't been watching LCK on line though.  Anyone?  I know Jen Carroll is there and I can't stand her. 

I love Jen Carroll. She really has an edge to her and is always convinced her food is the best, despite what the judges say. That's pretty typical of most of the really good chefs I've been around. While the other chefs may internalize it and mutter to themselves that the judges are wrong, Jen just comes out and tells them they're wrong to their faces. She doesn't put on the phony "Thanks for having me" nonsense as they're dismissing her. She tells them they're wrong, and she doesn't deserve to be getting the boot. She's a pretty gutsy young woman who doesn't back down. The typical chef on Top Chef just nods their head and accepts the judge's criticism and then thanks them afterwards. Not Jen. She's going down fighting every inch of the way.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Tee hee, I had to look up Jen Carroll as I knew the name but couldn't place the face . . . ah, now I remember!  While searching for her information, I came across this article.  I can't believe two huge egos the size of Mike Isabella's and Jen Carroll's would do well in a partnership:

https://dc.eater.com/2017/10/14/16476752/jennifer-carroll-leaving-requin

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@SWEET I try and watch LCK but my laptop is very old and very slow and usually won't let me but thanks for the reminder as hope springs eternal . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@SWEET I try and watch LCK but my laptop is very old and very slow and usually won't let me but thanks for the reminder as hope springs eternal . . . Smiley Happy

Sorry about that!  I might catch up but probably will wait until whoever comes back.

Valued Contributor

I have dish tv and recently bumped up my channels and one reason was because I didn't have Bravo tv and i missed Top Chef terribly! Been about 3 or 4 years since I've seen it but excited to be able to watch it again.

Thanks for letting us know it is starting again.

cookin

Respected Contributor

I'm excited because it took place in Colorado!