Respected Contributor

Re: Top Chef LA - Premiered 3/19

@lenapecci wrote:

I did not like this episode. I do not care for Kelsey or Brooke.

I am getting tired of the product placement. I am sure they get money for it. But it was like a 20 minute commerical for Bush Beans.

I thought they may send Melissa home for the salad. Was relieved when they didn't. Too many good ones have gone already.

I have had enough of Leeann, glad she is gone. She is quite the bus driver. In this episode when she realized her dessert was steamed she said Marlarky had the oven on steam. When you are using an appliance in a competiton is not your esponsiblity to set the oven properly. I was glad she did not say it at judges table.

@SWEET  The judges seemed to like Stephanie's food at the elimination challenge. I think that is why she was not on the bottom at judges table.

I was happy for Bryan winning the elimination challenge!. I was hoping it would be him or gregory.

I can't believe we are almost at the end of the season already.           

@lenapecci 

I never liked Brooke or Karen or LeeAnn even from previous seasons.  LOL re LeeAnn being a bus driver.  She sure was. 

It's been a fast season.  I hope next season will not be an all-stars.  I like seeing new chefs.

Honored Contributor

For me, this is the most boring season ever.

I keep forgetting it's still going and have been surprised the last 3 weeks when it shows up in my TiVo recorded shows.

Even Last Chance Kitchen is predictable.

I agree we need new chefs, and I think we'll get our wish.  Unfortunately with so many restaurants closing down, there will be a lot of good chefs with time on their hands to do this show.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I just watched Last Chance Kitchen and I can't even remember what last night's episode of TC was about.  LOL

LCK is at least entertaining.  It's a two-parter again this week.

They should just make LCK an hour at this point.

I'm not sure I care who wins at this point but I don't know why Stephanie is still in this at this point.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I hope everyone has watched it by now because I'm about to tell you who left.  BYE BYE KAREN.  Finally.  I'm so tired of her and those eyerolls at the end were so obnoxious.  She's so fake when she left the first time thanking the judges and she's still that way.

LCK was sure interesting.  Congrats Kevin.  He should have never disqualified himself in the first place.

Shocked that Melissa is still there but she's not as bad as the others who left.

I wonder if Marlarkey is going to disqualify himself too. 

Can't believe the season is almost over.  It's been lackluster except for Melissa and Bryan V. for me. 

Thank goodness Melissa tied her hair back since it was driving me crazy with the front part that was falling into her eyes all the time.

Honored Contributor

I was happy to see Karen go. I like Stephanie. She's the big underdog this time around. A private chef, not used to a professional kitchen atmosphere, competing against restaurant owners and pro chefs used to pro kitchens, makes it harder for her, but she's won a quickfire and also a regular comp against some really big name chefs.

Malarkey's name fits him. He's probably my least favorite of those that remain. I like Gregory too. Volunteering to go against Kevin to try and keep Kevin out was a bold move.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I was happy to see Karen go. I like Stephanie. She's the big underdog this time around. A private chef, not used to a professional kitchen atmosphere, competing against restaurant owners and pro chefs used to pro kitchens, makes it harder for her, but she's won a quickfire and also a regular comp against some really big name chefs.

Malarkey's name fits him. He's probably my least favorite of those that remain. I like Gregory too. Volunteering to go against Kevin to try and keep Kevin out was a bold move.

You are right about Stephanie being the underdog and I think she has a chance but we'll see.  Can't stand Karen as  you know from my previous posts.

Marlarkey is full of Malarkey and he always wants the spotlight.  Can't recall on his season if he was this way or not. I liked him on The Taste (ABC) when he wasn't so silly.

Honored Contributor

i guess i am the only one who likes malarkey.

i liked him during his season and i am liking him now.

he actually brings some FUN into the kitchen.

he is definitely good at what he does......he is a success in the business.

kevin should not have sacrificed himself.

that was a tough restaurant wars. it is difficult to make OTHER peoples foods in a challenge like that. taking direction from the head chef when you are a chef yourself must be quite difficult, especially if it isnt your type of food.

there are strong people left. personally i would love to see a brian/bryan finale.

i am so enjoying this season! i like all star seasons every so often.

wish they would do another MASTERS season.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I thought for sure Melissa was going to go with the shell in her dish. I was relieved it was not her.

And goodbye Karen!!! I will not miss her at all. 

Good for Stephanie! I like her. 

My favorites are Gregory, Melissa and Brian V. This would be my choice for the finale. 

I hope I will be able to see next weeks episode. I move this Thursday. I may have to watch it a few days late until I can get settled. 

Happy Memorial day! 

Respected Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I thought for sure Melissa was going to go with the shell in her dish. I was relieved it was not her.

And goodbye Karen!!! I will not miss her at all. 

Good for Stephanie! I like her. 

My favorites are Gregory, Melissa and Brian V. This would be my choice for the finale. 

I hope I will be able to see next weeks episode. I move this Thursday. I may have to watch it a few days late until I can get settled. 

Happy Memorial day! 

@lenapecci 

I agree w/you w/the top 3.  I'm actually rooting for Bryan V.  Always loved him. 

Shocked that Melissa was spared considering.  Karen is just too fake. 

Good luck with the move!

Honored Contributor

my daughter and i sit and watch this together every thursday evening.

we were SURE karen was going home.....so many problems and her food did not look appetizing at all! melissa and the shell was a huge mistake (especially since it was for one of the guest judges) but hers did look quite pretty.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein