Trusted Contributor

Re: Top Chef LA - Premiered 3/19

@SWEET  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

The judges never like it when someone makes a dish that has to come with instructions on how to eat it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

California cuisine typically takes just a few ingredients and one of the judges commented that Malarkey took a dish with four or five ingredients and made it a dish using forty-five ingredients. I think the complexity and deviation from California cuisine principles hurt him as much as the taste. It's like the challenge was to make a hamburger and he gave them a hotdog instead. No matter how good the hotdog is, it's not a hamburger. Malarkey just messed up on every aspect of the challenge. What he created were two conflicting dishes on one plate, that weren't California cuisine. He certainly reimagined the original dish, but he did so in a manner that was outside the guidelines of the challenge. Editing has always been a challenge for him and it did him in on that episode.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

how many more episodes?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

how many more episodes?

Good question. We're down to five chefs now, so probably three or four more episodes. They're taking all five (Brian, Gregory, Kevin, Melissa, and  Stephanie) to Italy. I suspect they'll want a decent number of shows from Italy. I believe they stretch the finale out over two episodes, but I could be wrong about that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

how many more episodes?

Good question. We're down to five chefs now, so probably three or four more episodes. They're taking all five (Brian, Gregory, Kevin, Melissa, and  Stephanie) to Italy. I suspect they'll want a decent number of shows from Italy. I believe they stretch the finale out over two episodes, but I could be wrong about that.

@gardenman 

It's BRYAN that is in the finale not BRIAN.  Just to clarify. 

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

how many more episodes?

@gardenman 

Dang! Missed it by one letter. Oh well, those things happen.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

how many more episodes?

@gardenman 

Dang! Missed it by one letter. Oh well, those things happen.

@gardenman 

No big deal.  I've seen that a lot on TC posts on FB.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm surprised that noone has posted yet.

I'm so disappointed and frustrated at the results of this episode. 

Bryan should have won both the quickfire and the elimination challenge.  His dish was spot on and Stephanie, once again, made bad decisions and she knew it as she was cooking and should have taken out the raddiccio as the judges said.  Just because her pasta was good shouldn't be the sole reason.  She's always struggling and surprised that she's still there.  I think the chefs are afraid to use the truffle and they underutilize them where there's no sign of them at all in their dishes. 

Sorry that Gregory left.  I knew it wasn't going to be Kevin. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET   The judges could taste the truffle in Stephanie's dish, could not in Gregory's, and though I liked him, he made the same dish as before, or darned near it, used the most truffle of anyone, and they couldn't taste it, and it had nothing to do with classic Italian cuisine, so he should have gone.

Melissa consistently has high marks from the judges, so she is doing something right.  I will be fine if she or Brian wins, don't think Stephanie will, but do like her and am rooting for her also.