Trusted Contributor

Sorry so late with the posting. 

My super early shift is almost over! 

The chefs drew drew knives to first have a quick fire of mis en place? Not sure my spelling is correct. 

The chefs were in teams of old and new chefs. 

Green team won the quickfire. Sheldon was the MVP of the quickfire. They were then told they would be on the same teams for the elimination challenge.  The challenge was that of a battle with head to head completions within the challenge. The losing team would send those that lost their head to head for elimination. Top Chef super fans were there and participated in the voting.  The judges had final say. 

The blue team won. With Booke the overall winner. 4 chefs were up for elimation from the green team. Sam. Casey. BJ and forgive me I forget the Italian chef's name. 

Sam Talbot was sent to pack his knives and go. Boo!  He was my favorite. He lost his head to head against Chef sour puss JMO. 

I Hope Sam fights his way thru last chance kitchen. 

Chris Constantino and Richard Blais were the guest judges. 

I thought it it was a good episode. Looking forward to next week. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Top Chef Episode 3 Spoilers

it was a great episode.

i always love seeing a mise en place challenge.....it has been in a few seasons. i think it should be required for ALL seasons. sheldon and katsuji were great for each team.

the final challenge was a great one.....it looked like everyone actually did a great job. i was so sad to see sam eliminated. who knew he would go early on?

so far a great season.

havent had a chance to watch any of the last chance kitchen episodes yet. i have been too busy watching holiday shows. Smiley Wink

thanks so much for the spoiler thread @lenapecci. Woman Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My two favorite chefs are just slaying the competition so far. Brooke's now won twice and Casey the other time. This is bound to end badly for those two. I never pick the winner and the chefs who get off to a hot start often fall at the end, but so far, so good. 

The mise en place challenge is always good. They wisely kept Katsuji away from the shellfish this time. The last time they had him opening clams and he'd never done it before. That was a smart move on everyone's part to keep him away from the shellfish.

I wasn't sure they'd send anyone home after a meal that good. They pretty much all agreed it was the best meal they'd ever had on Top Chef. That's saying a lot. It was great for the fans. You'd kind of hate to see an audience full of fans get fed raw, horrible food.

Last Chance Kitchen was pretty good also. I had to finally watch it on my computer as my tablet kept getting an error message right after Padma said something. After the same thing happened on the tablet for the third time I gave up and switched to the computer. It played fine there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love TC and not one season has disappointed me yet. Don't remember Amanda for some reason.  Brooke is still getting on my nerves; hated her attitude in her season.

As for the new chefs, none stand out for me as yet but I'm sure that'll change as the season goes on since it's only the 2nd show.

Just watched LCK; if you don't want to read who won, I'm putting a spoiler in.   I can't find it On Demand yet so watched it on my computer.  It was fine and it was short so didn't have to sit at my computer for too long.

Spoiler
Sam won .  Yes!