Esteemed Contributor

Re: Top 5 Scariest Movies!!!!!!

Silence of the Lambs.

It is not a Halloween movie per se, but it scares the cr@p out of me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

1. The Evil Dead

2. The People Under The Stairs

3. Friday The 13th

4. Annihilation (that scene with Natalie Portman and her doppleganger is crazy!)

5. Get Out (a brilliantly written and acted horror movie that keeps you jumping with its weirdness and disturbing psychopathology, but also entertained with odd flashes of comedy, including a great comedic scene - the protagonist's best friend reporting his justifiable concerns to the police department.)

and 6. Us (another disturbing scarefest from Jordan Peele)

Trusted Contributor

@forego 

As a kid I remember going to the movies and watching the Crawling Eye with Forrest Tucker, my older brother had a thing for scary movies, have you ever seen the movie Mr Sardonicus?  I remember watching that 1961 movie on TV, scared the heck out of me!  As an adult I am not a fan of any scary movies.

Respected Contributor

Splice.  I forgot about that one, but I had trouble watching it in its entirety, so it was pretty scary, indeed.

Honored Contributor

SAW/JIGSAW - 1 through 10!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I don't watch too many scary movies but I remember The Exorcist and the original Halloween were pretty bad. Also, the movie IT, anything with clowns gives me nightmares, truly!

Respected Contributor

For me Exorcist... I have seen all but Legacy & Changling.  This Halloween, my adult sons said we are having movie night.  Exorcist, mom at top of the list. And no hiding behind a blanket jeesh, you're 68 years old. It's truly only a movie 😏.

So yeah true...get beyond it.  I'm kind of excited. I do love scary demonic stuff. It's the ultimate in creep for me.

Respected Contributor

"Pet Sematary" - We had a cat who resembled Church!!!

Honored Contributor

IMO The Exorcist is the all time scariest. I agree with many of the other movies mentioned here. I also don't like the Child's Play- Chucky movies. It may sound silly but they are really creepy.

Esteemed Contributor

I currently only have three; not likely for the same reasons as the others listed:

Planet of the Apes

2001:  A Space Odyssey

Soylent Green

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.