Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tony Awards June 9

[ Edited ]

Great news about Bob Mackie!! I saw the show in previews and there was a sequence concerning his designs that literally stopped the show! Was breathtaking.

The show itself...let’s just say it needed a lot of work before it hit Broadway.

***edited to add photo.  Bob Mackie is also not surprisingly a character in the show.  He’s wearing the blue jacket. Again, the preview, so may have changed for final.

9FF46E53-531A-4B84-8D7F-D4B3A8DB914D.jpeg

Frequent Contributor

Congratulations to Bob Mackie...winner of Tony award for Best Designer for a Musical!!!   Much Deserved!

Respected Contributor

So thrilled, so happy for BOB MACKIE!!!!!!  Well deserved!

James Corden's opening number was FABULOUS!  I adore him, he is so talented and so throughly enjoys himself!

Esteemed Contributor

I also saw Tootsie in previews and that one was already Broadway ready.  Very funny and I would recommend if you want to laugh!  I know I haven’t seen all of the shows, but I’m hoping that one wins!

Trusted Contributor
@dooBdoo
So glad he won! I know you are thrilled!
Congratulations Bob Mackie! ❤
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@dooBdoo
So glad he won! I know you are thrilled!
Congratulations Bob Mackie! ❤

I am so thrilled for him, @MarnieRez3!   Time for our happy dances!❤️

dancing cat gif

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor
@dooBdoo

I love that sweet kitty dancing!!

Yay, Bob Mackie!! Viva Cher! 🤗
Esteemed Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

James Corden's opening number was FABULOUS!  I adore him, he is so talented and so throughly enjoys himself!

I agree...the entire show was amazing..the music was fabulous as well!!!!!!! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@Somertime wrote:

I agree...the entire show was amazing..the music was fabulous as well!!!!!!! Heart

@emmysmom @ I agree .Congrats to Bob Mackie. I enjoyed James's Corden's hosting and his tuxedos. 

Esteemed Contributor
I also thought James Corden was great! Especially loved the NPH cameo. 😂

Has anyone seen Hadestown or Choir Boy? Think I’ll be on the lookout for their tours (as well as the “sexy” Oklahoma!)