Honored Contributor

Re: Tonight's Columbo on MeTV Fisher Stevens is the culprit

Oh @Pearlee my friend you have saved me once again as I am having a problem with the reminders I have set as they don't always work so now I have to seek out each show and set an individual remind . . . sigh . . . I don't remember watching this one so I very much look forward to tonight's episode!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Tonight's Columbo is a favorite of mine, even though it's a later one from 1989 and I've seen it about a million times.   S*x and the Married Detective.

Lindsey Crouse is terrific as a s*x therapist who kills her cheating boyfriend at the beginning of the show, by dressing up like a call girl and meeting him in a bar to "spice things up."  She wears a wig and provocative clothing, etc.  to disguise herself.

I like her in anything - she's great.  And Columbo, the happily married detective, is embarrassed by a lot of the s*x therapist stuff and her candid talk.

A good one.  Anyone else have comments on this episode?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097089/

@Pearlee - I like this one also, even though like you said it is one of the later episodes.  She really was unrecognizable with the wig and red lipstick. Columbo was funny being so embarassed with her questions. Also tonight on COZI is another good one with Johnny Cash playng a gospel singer.  Have seen both many times.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe  I am my own reminder system!  LOL  Please do watch tonight's episode; as @twinsister confirms, it's a good one.  

@twinsister  I like the Johnny Cash one also, and, like you, have seen both that and the Lindsey Crouse one many times.  I like them both about equally.  I don't get that COZI station though, which is OK because between MeTV and HMM I get plenty of Columbo.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe  I have a feeling that when you start to watch tonight's show, you will recognize having seen  it before.  That happens to me often with these old shows.

Honored Contributor

ACK! @Pearlee my friend you are right at first I was like nope don't remember this until she changed clothes in the ladies room . . . goodness I just love me some Columbo!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe  I knew you would recognize it - thanks for letting me know. Smiley Happy  Don't you think it's a good one?

ETA great emoticon LOL!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe Tomorrow morning's Columbo on the HMM channel (9:00 a.m. I think it is) is as follows:

Columbo: Candidate for Crime  (The Jackie Cooper one!)

Campaign manager Harry Stone manufactures a story that Senatorial candidate, Nelson Hayward, is the target of a murder plot to gain votes in the coming election. Believing that his campaign manager knows too much, Hayward seizes the opportunity to commit a murder of his own: killing Harry Stone. Making it look as if Hayward himself was the intended victim, the Senatorial candidate looks to get away with murder until Columbo hits the campaign trail to catch the killer. Stars Peter Falk.
Honored Contributor

Tee hee @Pearlee I just set the timer about an hour ago . . . I was flipping through every channel looking for something to watch and then remembered HMM.  While I was there I remembered Columbo.  That is another good one.  What I guess I like best about these shows are not only the main characters but also the support cast(s) as it's so great to see so many of them again.

Honored Contributor

HMM  9:00 a.m. on Wednesday - it's the Johnny Cash Columbo - Swan Song.

Good one!

Honored Contributor

@mfc Although tonight's is a later one from 1989 (not usually as good) I've always like it. It's a bit confusing/hard to follow at first, although pretty easy to get the gist.   IMO it's a good one.  Grand Deception directed by noted director Sam Wanamaker

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097084/