Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tonight's Columbo on MeTV Fisher Stevens is the culprit

@Pearlee - Agree about the ending of that Ross Martin episode - very surprising. It was on again last week.  I read that at one time Ross Martin was Peter Falk's acting coach at some  type of camp.  It must have been when they were both very young and starting  out.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Pearlee - Agree about the ending of that Ross Martin episode - very surprising. It was on again last week.  I read that at one time Ross Martin was Peter Falk's acting coach at some  type of camp.  It must have been when they were both very young and starting  out.

@twinsister  Glad you agree.  I always stop to watch that one when it's on.  But almost all of those older ones are way more clever than the reboot of Columbo years later. 

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I've seen that Fisher Stevens episode a few times.  It is good, but I prefer the older episodes.  Right now I'm watching Columbo on COZI - this one is with Jackie Cooper playing a senatorial candidate who says his life is threatened.

I don't think anyone else could play Columbo - there would be too much comparison to Peter Falk.

@twinsister  Forgot to mention - I've seen that Jackie Cooper episode lots of times. It's good.  I always liked J. Cooper.

Honored Contributor

I am a huge Columbo fan. Started watching in the early seventies when it took turns with McMillan and Wife and McCloud. Have been watching ever since. I love the older ones. Not a fan of the "newer ones".  Peter Falk made Columbo. For some reason, this is the only old show that doesn't seem dated to me. All the other ones on Cozi tv seem so hokey...not Columbo..just one more thing!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not my fave. edited to add.  this particular episode not Columbo.  I liked the series better than the later tv movies.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't recall this one.

Honored Contributor

That episode may have been the least interesting Colombo ever.  

I used to look forward to the rotating shows, too.  I've seen McMillan & Wife reruns every so often and, of course, Colombo but I can't recall seeing McCloud.

Honored Contributor

I liked this episode, DH not as much. We often try to guess when Columbo has figured out who done it. Last night, I think he knew very early on and played along for most of the episode. Loved the way he unveiled the players at the end.
Honored Contributor

I am such a big fan of Columbo that we own all of them (I think). My fav is Ruth Gordan as the mystery writer. 

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

I am such a big fan of Columbo that we own all of them (I think). My fav is Ruth Gordan as the mystery writer. 

@Group 5 minus 1   That one was just on the Marathon on Hallmark Movies and Mystery channel I think it was - a couple of days ago too. Saturday?   I love that one!