Honored Contributor

Re: Tonight's Columbo on MeTV Fisher Stevens is the culprit

@momtochloe  Did you also think "Rita,", Patrick's real-life daughter, didn't look like him?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee I didn't pick up on it at first because maybe he had a beard in this particular episode but after doing a bit of research yes she definitely takes after her father!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe  So had you ever seen Ashes to Ashes before?  When I first posted about it, you couldn't remember ever having seen it.  Just curious.  Even when I think I haven't seen a Columbo, it turns out I end up recognizing it.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@momtochloe  So had you ever seen Ashes to Ashes before?  When I first posted about it, you couldn't remember ever having seen it.  Just curious.  Even when I think I haven't seen a Columbo, it turns out I end up recognizing it.

Oh @Pearlee me too.  I could swear I had never seen that episode before and then when I watch for a bit I realize I have seen it before.  There was one on last Sunday that I didn't recognize (it was on Sunday evening) about a dentist that set up his wife to take the fall of the death of her lover (who also happened to be his patient).  Another great episode.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe  Yes, I saw the dentist one.  Very clever ending the way he was tricked by Columbo!

Honored Contributor

Did anyone watch the Ruth Gordon one on this morning on HHM channel?  I watched part of it because I was puttering around the bedroom, but didn't watch all of it since I've seen it so many times.  It's a really good one and Gordon is terrific in it.   Today I was thinking that she was really having fun in that part.  

Tonight's on MeTV is a later one and not a favorite of mine so I'm not watching it - Columbo Goes To College which has been on pretty frequently lately.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Did anyone watch the Ruth Gordon one on this morning on HHM channel?  I watched part of it because I was puttering around the bedroom, but didn't watch all of it since I've seen it so many times.  It's a really good one and Gordon is terrific in it.   Today I was thinking that she was really having fun in that part.  

Tonight's on MeTV is a later one and not a favorite of mine so I'm not watching it - Columbo Goes To College which has been on pretty frequently lately.

@Pearlee I didn't see it on Friday but I have seen it before (she plays a mystery author, correct?).  She tears that episode up and I bet they both had a great time filming it . . . and thanks for the reminder about tonight.  I'm not sure if I saw the college one so I set a reminder to peek in.  

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe  The Ruth Gordon one was on this morning.  And yes, she plays a mystery writer.  Like the Patrick McG. military school one, it's worth it to watch just for her performance.  There are a lot of great performances in these Columbos I'm appreciating now, which I never did as a younger person watching them back in the '70s. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@momtochloe  The Ruth Gordon one was on this morning.  And yes, she plays a mystery writer.  Like the Patrick McG. military school one, it's worth it to watch just for her performance.  There are a lot of great performances in these Columbos I'm appreciating now, which I never did as a younger person watching them back in the '70s. 

@Pearlee what I truly appreciated the most about her performance how she shifted between being totally on top of things and then suddenly being an old lady who couldn't remember squat.  For me one of the best Columbo's ever! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe  And...as I said above, you could tell she was having fun with her part!

Hope you are watching the college one which started.  I am not - don't like that one very much.