Honored Contributor

Re: Tonight's Columbo on MeTV Fisher Stevens is the culprit

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee

@twinsister

Can you hear me laughing all the way by you?  I am watching the Columbo episode with ****** Van ****** where he plays a photographer that kills his wife.  He ends up interviewing a gentlemen in a homeless shelter and one of the nuns keeps trying to give Columbo an upgraded raincoat . . . even after he explains he's with the police she then lets him know how clever he is for being undercover . . . his face was priceless, really great acting . . . Smiley Happy

eta:  Yikes, I think you ladies know the actor that I was referring to . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe Yes I do!  I love the two episodes I'm aware of that Richard Van Diyiyiyiycke is in -- and he  makes a really good bad guy!  Love that photographer one  --and the clever ending. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee & @momtochloe - I was watching that episode and saw that scene again with the nun - very funny.  I switched over to ME TV and now watching the episode with Deidre Hall about the men's magazine.  I love the ending - "Gotcha"!!

I didn't know that Mr. Van D was in two Columbo episodes.  What was the other one?

I read today that there is a new biography about Peter Falk called "Beyond Columbo". Got a good review on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Hi, twinsister.  OY!  I'm so glad you asked me the question about which other Columbo DVD was in!  Because it was only one. I've been thinking for years he was in two, but I had the "other one" mixed up with him being a really bad guy in a Matlock episode.   He was a judge who kills his mistress at the beginning of the show.  And Matlock defends someone who is falsely accused of the woman's murder!   I don't know how I mixed up a Matlock with a Columbo in my mind!  Thank you for helping me unmix it though.

Per IMdB he was in only one Columbo.  Here is the Matlock that I thought was a Columbo (and don't ask me how I did that - Andy Griffith looks nothing like Peter Falk!  I think it was because DVD was a bad guy in both that I thought they were both Columbos.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0644034/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_38

Honored Contributor

I watch Deidre Hall on Days Of Our Lives. The Columbo episode she was on is dated 1990.  Such an attractive lady back then. This episode is different in that we didn't see anyone commit a murder in the first fifteen minutes.

Honored Contributor

That Matlock is a really good one! DVD is a judge.

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

That Matlock is a really good one! DVD is a judge.

@Group 5 minus 1  LOL - I know - that's in my post above!

It is a good one! DVD is a really excellent bad guy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - Glad I could help - LOL!!!   I was surprised I couldn't remember him in another episode.  That Matlock episode was a good one too.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG - Deidre sure looked and dressed different in this episode than how she is now on DAYS!    Very glamorous instead of blazers and crossbody bags.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister   @mfc    And back to the original thread topic....LOL...the Fisher Stevens Columbo is on at 9:00 a.m.  ET on Hallmark Mystery and Movies....starting in just a few minutes!