Honored Contributor

Re: Tonight's Columbo on MeTV Fisher Stevens is the culprit

[ Edited ]

@twinsister wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Pearlee wasn't Patrick McGooghan also a spy that killed a guy he was working with (Leslie Nielson?)?  It took place I think on a boardwalk or something, another terrific episode!

Yes!  I don't remember it being Leslie Neilson but yes.  He's in several of them like a said.  Come to think of it, was that the one where he was a spy, or was he the author of some book whose manuscript he stole?  I dunno - I get these all confused in my head - then I have to look at IMdb to sort them all out!  LOL

@Pearlee - I think the one where the author steals the manuscript stars Jack Cassidy.

The one with Leslie Neilson is good too.  In that episode I think Patrick M has different personalities.  I like the one where Columbo catches PM with  his bite mark from cheese.

@twinsister  Speak of the devil!  "Your" episode is on right now - Identity Crisis.

I have seen it - I recognize it.  

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072804/

And yes you are right about Jack Cassidy being in the steal-the-manuscript one! 

See my new thread about Falk's four favorite episodes! (posting separately!)

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - I laughed when I saw that episode with Leslie Neilsen was on this morning - watched it on and off.

Honored Contributor

Tonight's on MeTV is Murder A Self-Portrait.  8:00 ET

I like this one.  A famous painter is living with three women - current wife, ex wife and young model he is painting.  He murders his ex wife who fell in love with someone else and wanted to leave that living situation (and knew things about the painter he didn't want her to ever tell).    I think this artist  is based on Picasso or someone like that - lots of women around him vying for him.  The actor who plays the artist is excellent - he plays the part to a "tee".    I do think the ending and how Columbo solves the murder is somewhat far fetched but not too bad, and I always enjoy this one so I'll watch it again.

Shera Danese, playing one of the three women, Vanessa, was Falk's real life wife and was in several Columbo episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097085/

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - I laugh when Columbo realizes the painter's ex-wife lives next door to him and his current wife, along with the young model.  I think Shera Danese first starred in Columbo in the late 1970's, and then they eventually married.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Pearlee - I laugh when Columbo realizes the painter's ex-wife lives next door to him and his current wife, along with the young model.  I think Shera Danese first starred in Columbo in the late 1970's, and then they eventually married.

@twinsister  Oh yeah. It's very comical how uncomfortable Columbo is with their set-up of the three women with Barsini.  Kinda like he was uncomfortable with the Lindsey Crouse s*x therapist episode.  LOL!   It does take him a while to get over his amazement at this living situation.  

Honored Contributor

@twinsister  @momtochloe  Are you going to watch this one (again) tonight?  I am.  Good background entertainment while I pack up a box of some stuff to send back to the Q.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness @Pearlee @twinsister it's Columbo-palooza around here this afternoon . . . I am watching the one with Robert Conrad who owns a chain of fitness centers and murders the guy who figures out he has been embezzling from the company . . . another great episode!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe - I watched the one with Robert Conrad and am now watching the last hour of the one about the painter.  Plus, I usually have Columbo on in the morning while I am doing stuff around the house.  With all this, I am surprised I don't dream of  Columbo - LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@twinsister I am really enjoying the painter episode as I haven't seen that one in a very long time but I really loved the Robert Conrad one especially at the beginning when he's wearing that tres chic skin tight Quiana shirt and double knit skintight pants . . . ah the 70's . . tee hee!  I could watch Columbo episodes pretty much all day and I am so glad that @Pearlee flagged them so now I know to look for them . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe - I love that Robert Conrad episode also - and I remember the 70's very wel too - LOL!!