Honored Contributor

The D i c k Van D y k e Show - Now in living Color

A special Tribute to Carl Reiner

Honored Contributor

Re: Tonight at 8:00 PM on CBS

I've had this scheduled for a couple of days now and am looking forward to it.  Smiley Happy

On another board, where I first heard about this, there was some cool commentary from Mr Reiner about that couch.  I guess it was kind of a putrid yellow color or something and they colorized it just as it was.  He had  said that he hated that couch.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

The D i c k Van D y k e Show - Now in living Color

A special Tribute to Carl Reiner

@drizzellla Thanks for this, I'm going to watch. I do have to say I don't like the colorization of black and white shows (case in point I Love Lucy), just leave well enough alone.

Honored Contributor

The biggest thing ISTR about the Lucy colorized episodes was her hair.  OMG, I could totally be wrong but I just don't remember her hair being that bright orange!   My eyes just kept going to her hair.  Smiley Very Happy

We'll see how this one is done, but it will be fun either way.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.  I always watched the ****** Van ****** show when it was aired and still do on METV.  It's among the great sitcoms.  

Carl Reiner was a comic genius who contributed so much to the field of comedy,  Mel Brooks,  Sid Caesar, Howie Morris, Imogene Coca, Carl Reiner, all pioneers of the fifties sitcom.  

Honored Contributor

I want to watch but hate the colorization which is way too fake looking.   

Honored Contributor

Enjoyed both episodes and the intro by DVD, I like the color versions. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Enjoyed both episodes and the intro by DVD, I like the color versions. 

I also think they did a nice job with the colorization. And so nice to see and hear what D i c k Van D y k e had to say.

Esteemed Contributor

Remembered them all.  I think I was get 12/13 .  We are dinner together. Homework done dishes done and all sat around this small screen, not as small as smartphone or tablet ghough.  Adjusted the rabbit ears and laughed at every show.  Not the cr###p like today. You can tell i,m old.

Honored Contributor

They did a surprisingly lovely job with the colorization. It didn't look fake and seemed as if it had always been that way. Nothing seemed artificial or forced.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.