Respected Contributor

Re: Tonight Concert One World Together at Home

I was surprised to see the Rolling Stones, hadn't read they were scheduled.  Never been a major fan, but LOVE that song and Mick is still holding up.

Denise
Respected Contributor

The last song " Let this Be your Prayer", w/ Andrea Bocelli, Celine, Gaga and John Legend just had me In Tears ( in a good way)- Catch it by searching:  

Global Citizens Let this be your Prayer YouTube - Can't miss this, seriously ... 

Regular Contributor

This show was so ridiculous.  A bunch of celebrities who need some attention.  My favorite was Kerry Washington almost crying and so completely over acting her 2 minutes.  JLo was pretend crying to. The pianist at the end was fantastic and quite frankly all they needed to show.  

Honored Contributor

Let This Be Your Prayer was also the song that brought me to tears.  It included my two favorite singers, Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dione.  (outside of all those country people I like, go figure),

Honored Contributor

I really was not familiar with so many on the show, I turned it off. 

Esteemed Contributor

Gotta appreciate anyone's effort to improve and aid during this tragic season -- instead of sitting in our chairs being a naysayer. Whether we like celebs or not -- they do have financial resources and clout to reach out and make a difference.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I enjoyed it.  Good to see the healthcare workers honored.  The E network  repeated it later, for those who missed the live show.

Trusted Contributor

@Islandqueen1 wrote:

I am sick of the celebrities also.  I feel that they really do not love our country.  Also am sick of the WHO,  feel that they really could care less about America too.  Hence, I skipped it!

Wow, those are pretty strong statements.  Just curious how you have come to that conclusion. There are hundreds of celebrities who use their wealth and status for VERY good causes.  Some you NEVER or rarely hear about because they are not looking for the glory.  For example, read about Jon Bon Jovi's Soul Kitchen.  Yes, celebrities are rich and they may or may not always understand how the average person lives, but that doesn't mean they are bad people or don't care about our country.  I would love to hear if and what a certain billionaire (or one who claims to be) has donated to help various causes in our country.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The show was also broadcast on many cable stations. It had potential but I only lasted about fifteen minutes. Had it been a concert without all the verbiage and an overall vibe clearly intended to milk the drama I might have stuck with it. Day in and day out, all we see and hear is about this international nightmare and I didn't personally need more of it. The music might have proven at least a bit of a distraction, but when it was clear that wasn't the case, off it went... At this point, I also pretty much refuse to watch anything involving the over-exposed and over-rated John Legend, who must now be a mandatory presence on any and every musical variety show.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@AvalonRose wrote:

This show was so ridiculous.  A bunch of celebrities who need some attention.  My favorite wasawelchbat@massasoit.edu Kerry Washington almost crying and so completely over acting her 2 minutes.  JLo was pretend crying to. The pianist at the end was fantastic and quite frankly all they needed to show.  

LOL

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky