Honored Contributor

Tonight Concert One World Together at Home

[ Edited ]

Tonight at 8 pm on lots of channels

Celebrities and musicians from around the world will digitally gather together Saturday to take part in One World: Together at Home, a concert special 

Organization (WHO). The special is meant to support frontline healthcare workers and raise funds for the WHO’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, which goes directly to the WHO’s global response to the coronavirus pandemic.

The digital event, which was curated by Lady Gaga, will feature appearances from pop culture’s biggest, singers, actors, comedians and artists as well as philanthropists and global health experts. Everyone from Oprah Winfrey, Taylor Swift, the Rolling Stones, Lizzo, J Balvin and Bill and Melinda Gates will appear. Late night hosts Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel will co-host.

The event will air in multiple parts. A digital stream will air from 2 p.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET. A linear broadcast will then air from 8 p.m. ET to 10 p.m. ET on NBC, CBS and ABC in the United States. (The event’s website contains information on how people around the world can watch.)

The One World: Together at Home website calls on viewers to take the pledge to stay home to stem the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, and outlines steps people can still take to take action.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

Re: Tonight Concert One World Together at Home

Last I heard Lady Gaga raised 40 million from corporate America for Covid relief for this. It's probably more by now

Honored Contributor

I'll be watching, what else do I have to do! I'm glad they're not asking viewers to send money ( I think big corporations have donated), when everyone is hurting financially, it would be too much to solicit money from viewers.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m watching and everyone sounds great.

But it is also a little depressing. Can’t they at least sing something joyful and not so slow? At least there is the Prince tribute to look forward to next week.

Watching Lizzo now - she’s such an incredible talent!

Super Contributor

I'm glad they're not asking for money too.   Especially when 22+ Million people are unemployed

Respected Contributor

EXCELLENT!!  

Esteemed Contributor

I loved Billie Joe Armstrong's performance. 

Honored Contributor

I just turned to it  Taylor Swift is onSmiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

I loved Billie Joe Armstrong's performance. 

@Caligurll , That was my favorite.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Sick of celebrities not all of us care anything about them, really unnecessary to have on every station.