Honored Contributor

Re: Tom Jones and George Michael

@MorningLover Thanks for this list!  It's wonderful!  What a treasure trove of great singers this is.

I'll have to keep this list! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw George Michael in Philadelphia in 2008-  great show! I had higher section seats but they allowed people to move their seats closer to the stage- I was RIGHT there with George!  The US audience wasn't really there for him  - after all those years of mishigas. George actually thanked the audience for still being fans! 

And yes, Tom is great. AXS tv shows hour concerts of his every so often and I watch it every time! I wasn to stream The Voice UK and watch back seasons -- since he's a coach. I wonder if he'll tour when things get back to 'normal'. 

I'm good with these random thoughts about performers! Music is my bliss. Heart

Respected Contributor

@Sooner  Unfortunately, I never got to see George Michael in concert.  And the closest I have gotten to see Tom Jones was just a tribute performer, although he was very good.  I did, however, get to see Engelbert Humperdinck perform in concert.  He put on a great show.  To me, he and Tom are from the same era and genre of singers.  Sexy with great voices and stage presence.  😍🎶

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

You all have made me wonder if Tom and George ever sang together!  Wow I would have loved that.  They both had a sense of joy about performing for the audience.  Of course as well as wonderful voices!