Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

They went on and on about one of the hosts coming out she was pregnant.... I could see a few minutes....but they had into a hour on the subject.  There is more news in the world than this.... it is not rocket science.

Many woman have babies and like  the host.... struggle with getting pregnant.  I think they just went overboard with the whole thing.  I finally switched the channel as I wanted some other subject  to discuss.

Did you ever think that they know how much she has went through,that we do not know?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

They went on and on about one of the hosts coming out she was pregnant.... I could see a few minutes....but they had into a hour on the subject.  There is more news in the world than this.... it is not rocket science.

Many woman have babies and like  the host.... struggle with getting pregnant.  I think they just went overboard with the whole thing.  I finally switched the channel as I wanted some other subject  to discuss.

Did you ever think that they know how much she has went through,that we do not know?

@goldensrbest   She already has one little boy....some are not THAT fortunate. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

So becuse of that,they should not be happy about it ,and talk about it? Just turn the station.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

So becuse of that,they should not be happy about it ,and talk about it? Just turn the station.

@goldensrbest  They talked about it for half the show.....I did turn the station. Did you read my FIRST POST AT ALL?

Trusted Contributor

I’m so happy for Dylan! She had trouble conceiving and then when she finally did she had a miscarriage. I enjoyed the celebration with her husband and little boy today. 

Valued Contributor
Shows like that one described are why I stopped watching the Today show.
Too much silly girl talk, over the top giggling, and I just don’t care for the hosts.
Honored Contributor

Dylan Dyrer is a young woman who went thought what a lot of women go thru, and she used the situation to build awareness of secondary infertility. The hosts are like family and they celebrated with her.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor
I have tuned in several times trying to give Jenna a chance. I enjoy listening to her at times but since hosting all I hear is „it’s the hormones „ , pregnancy, kids , etc. Every topic! I will give Hoda a chance when returning but might just toss off watching list.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest   @SeaMaiden 

It's about time and place .....   Of course they should be happy for their friend, but stop acting like it's something highly unusual, or that viewers want to listen to it for an hour or more. 

Some people actually tune in for the day's events and don't give a ****** about her pregnancy ...  certainly there are more important things happening in the world.   This isn't a  "coffee klatch" show.

Esteemed Contributor

The Today Show has not been a hard news oriented show for decades.  The emphasis is clearly entertainment, fashion, life-style, celebrity, pop culture, and personalities (including the on-air staff) interrupted by an occasional look at world news and weather.  They assume that many people get their news elsewhere.