Honored Contributor

Re: Today's Late Show With Stephen Colbert returns today with a full studio audience!!!!!

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

JMHO, I think ALL the current late night shows just pale in comparison to the glory days of Late Night with Johnny Carson and Jay Leno (I even watch some reruns of the Carson shows on Antenna TV channel 10PM ET/9PM CT and 7PM Pacific)---the jokes were funny, not mean spirited nor nasty)....

@Spurt  I tend to agree. Though I never cared for Leno, Carson remains the gold standard. I also used to really enjoy Tom Snyder. I can't stand the smug Colbert. Meanwhile, Trevor Noah always looks like he needs a bath and he isn't funny. A little bit of Corden goes a long way. I can take or leave Myers and Fallon and none of the many others do all that much for me either. Overall, I've opted out, just as I have with so much television. Also agree, the humor is too often at the expense of somebody and often feels malicious rather than humorous.

@stevieb 

Your right JOHNNY CARSON IS STILL KING!!!

Agree with your assessment of the current brood...Although Leno had a few segments I enjoyed ---Headlines, 99 cent store etc etc.....

Cant stand Kimmel, and how does he get away with his stereo typed sidekick and his past sins of how he treated and portrayed women throughout his career...yet he remains in good standing with Gollywood and the entertainment media...go figure....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Re: Today's Late Show With Stephen Colbert returns today with a full studio audience!!!!!

They reran the episode with Jon last night.  Funny how he thwarted Colbert's spit-take !!!