Esteemed Contributor

is on a channel I get called "Movies."  This channel typically runs older movies (not always like TMC, or AMC). 

This is the original with Sydney Poitier.  It's been on quite a few times, but I haven't been able to catch it from the beginning.  I set my remote to reminder for the next showing.

Enjoy, if you plan to watch.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Great movie and I love the song!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@godi wrote:

Great movie and I love the song!! 

I agree @godi .  I didn't know until recently there was a Part 2 made later in the 80's or 90's.  Shocked.  I want to see that one too.  Need to watch the beginning of the First one again because it's been so long since I've seen it.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Still one of the best film endings ever.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: To sir, With Love

[ Edited ]

I was 12 when this came out... 6th grade. Maybe a little young at the time to understand the scope of the movie.  Have seen it a few times since. Never from start to finish....LuLu is 72 now and a very pretty lady.  Here is a picture of her at 70

DBE0086F-CB6F-4880-BFFE-10F2852C309E.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

One of my favorite movies. I have it on dvd. 

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset -

I love this movie so much and the songs. I've cried everytime when they sing that song. 

Lulu the beautiful Scottish girl singer and actress is now 72 years old.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Wonderful movie, wonderful song -- one of the few I can put on repeat.

Honored Contributor

Sidney Poitier is galvanizing and perfect as that teacher!

"To Siiiiiiiir,  with Loooooove...."

Honored Contributor

One of my absolute favorite movies also.  And the song will always be my favorite.  It was our first date, we went to the movies and married this wonderful man 6 months later.  It was love at first sight when I first met him.  53 years later and I love this man and our life together! 💘