Honored Contributor

Anyone watch? The tag was ripped off one of them by a panelists. Hubbs thought it was a scam. Opinions?

Trusted Contributor

Marlon Wayons (sp?) did it and I think it was real.  He was ignorant about what his actions did to the value of the beanie baby trio.

Honored Contributor

@game-on Thanks for your Answer.

Honored Contributor

I thought Wayans was rude, arrogant, and ignorant. He should have offered to pay the person what ever damage was done...not the show itself. 

I like the show and hope he isn't invited back.

Respected Contributor

Beanie Babies have value?  

Honored Contributor

I know. I was surprised. I think thats why Hubbs thought is was a scam.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 , I wondered, too, if it was set up with a fake one.   I hope it was.  Even if it wasn't worth the money it was, who in their right mind would purposely destroy an item in somebody's prized possession.  Talk about an ignorant, entitled !*!*!*

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 , I wondered, too, if it was set up with a fake one.   I hope it was.  Even if it wasn't worth the money it was, who in their right mind would purposely destroy an item in somebody's prized possession.  Talk about an ignorant, entitled !*!*!*

Editing myself because I can't edit the post, I mean to write "prized collection".

Respected Contributor

I watched this episode of To Tell The Truth last evening and I think the whole thing was staged.  It just didn't seem real.  To start with I don't think anyone would purposely take an item and just pull the tag off like that.  

My feeling was that this particular bear was a used one that they just sewed a tag on and passed it off as one of the guy's collection.  

This show is first and foremost a comedy show and most of the panelists they choose are comedians.  The original version of this show from the 50's and 60's was much more of a serious show. This new version is done for laughs.  Although I don't find Mama Doris to be funny at all.  I like the show but could definitely do without her.  

I might be completely wrong and it wasn't a stunt at all but my first instinct is to believe it was set-up to get everyone talking.  

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl :Hubbs says pretty much the same thing.