Honored Contributor

Re: To Kill A Mockingbird Tonight - TCM

@NAES1wrote:

Minutes until it's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can say this: "if this is the 1st time anyone has seen it, you will never _forget it__"

R I V E T I N G.............................. Absolutely.

One of my best movies I have ever seen. 

What a cast of actors. 

It is my first time to see it.

Regular Contributor

Wonderful book as well as movie—one of my all-time favorites!  Unfortunately didn’t feel the same about GO SET A WATCHMAN.

Esteemed Contributor

@OKPrincess

The movie never leaves me without holding on to 'others', those who are fearless, those whom try to protect, how the times -then and today, really never change, shows me the ignorance, selfishness, the situations that empower many to know there is no absolute justice, nor really understood what that word truly meant. 

Mendacity, Hypocrisy, Evil, Revenge, Certain Geography where one lives, along with  ``that` Heart of Beautiful spirits when children have never lost their innocence. 

I am appreciating your time to have seen this movie.

Respected Contributor

Ms. Traditional, I know we all can't agree, but "The Big Chill" didn't even hold up years ago when I was watching it.

Honored Contributor

I was interested in Josh M's comments about Atticus Finch having been deemed the greatest movie hero.  Good choice!

The film is an absolute masterpiece.  It always touches me, including the very last lines about Atticus will be there all night with Jem, and in the morning when he wakes up. 

Thank goodness I was on the telephone and not watching during the rabid dog scene.  Being a great dog lover, I hate that scene!