Honored Contributor

This new show intrigues me. It premieres Monday May 25 on VH1 at 9:00. I got this from the TVGuide, “Singer Tamar Braxton teams up with celebrity hairstylist Jonny Wright ( he’s worked with Michelle Obama and Reese Witherspoon) to help customers who left their salons with seriously bad cuts. They confront the butchering stylists, who then sharpen their skills at a boot camp before getting the opportunity to correct the hair don’ts they created”. This is a relatable show, who hasn’t at one time or another left a salon unhappy?

Honored Contributor

Am I the only one who finds this interesting? I wouldn't have minded having a stylist taken to task for the lousy perm or haircut I got!

Esteemed Contributor
I’m not interested in watching (I have too much on my DVR already), but I saw the two stars on my morning news. It sounds like it’s going to be a good show - both Tamar and Jonny were well-spoken and engaging. Hope you enjoy it.
Honored Contributor

I am an idiot, I started this thread and forgot to watch! I'm going to look for it On Demand.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I am an idiot, I started this thread and forgot to watch! I'm going to look for it On Demand.

@Jordan2   This made me LOL.  I've marked things on the calendar and then would forget to watch.

And yes, I did have only one bad experience-a perm way back around 1980 or so.  I came out looking like Art Garfunkle. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I like to be open and honest with people, as I would like them to be with me. I hope what I say doesn't offend anyone, if it does it is not my intent and I apologize in advance. Full disclosure I am a Caucasian woman. I watched two episodes of this show hosted by Tamar Braxton and Johnny Wright, a celebrity hairstylist. I was not well informed of the struggles African American women have with their, I found the shows interesting. The concept of the show is someone has a bad experience, the stylist is confronted and gets the chance to fix it. I kind of feel bad for the stylist, they get lured to thinking they will get work, and are then ambushed and confronted. The first episode has this woman Taylor, who wasn't exactly truthful with what happened to her. She is a very difficult client, if I were her stylist I would tell her to never come back. I do have a question, what are edges as it pertains to the hair?

Honored Contributor

I have watched all four of the episodes. The clients who aren't happy with their hair aren't telling the whole story. There seems to be enough blame to divide between client and stylist. Johnny said the rule is if you don't like your hair you should get a refund, or the stylist should have the opportunity to correct it. I never knew this, I have paid for haircuts and color that I hated, I went home and cried.