Honored Contributor

Re: To All Those Interested In Scandalous Hollywood History

@Mz iMac wrote:

It has always been alleged & later confirmed by a relative after Loretta died that she was "date raped" by Clark Gable which resulted in a daughter.

LY arranged to secretly “adopt’’ her own daughter to avoid the scandal that would have damaged both the stars’ careers, particularly that of Young, a devout Catholic.

Yes, their daughter was actress, Judy Lewis. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Also,ever hear Rita Moreno talk about her torrid relationship with Brando, she spoke about it on The Talk a few years ago, wow!!

@Shelbelle  I've heard her a couple of times talk about her affair with Brando, and how sexy he was.  She is still gorgeous; she has aged perhaps of anyone the best I"ve ever seen!

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

A man named Scotty Bowers 95 years wrote a book and I think there is a documentary about Hollywood back in the day. It is eye an eye opener. Tracy and Hepburn were not very nice people to put it mildly. 

@Catiele   I've read several reviews of that book (but not the book --- yet).  Apparently there were a lot of same-sex affairs that would surprise us; those were pretty much closeted in those days.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I've read several reviews of that book (but not the book --- yet).  Apparently there were a lot of same-sex affairs that would surprise us; those were pretty much closeted in those days.

@Pearlee  I am still 532149.giffaint.gifabout Rock Hudson.  That one was a total SHOCK!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Back in the late 1970's, I read the book "Hollywood Babylon" by Kenneth Anger & found it quite eye opening!    Alla Nazimova was quite an interesting character!

There was also a sequel to that book... Both were pretty juicy... Supposedly, there's an unpublished Hollywood Babylon 3...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catiele wrote:

A man named Scotty Bowers 95 years wrote a book and I think there is a documentary about Hollywood back in the day. It is eye an eye opener. Tracy and Hepburn were not very nice people to put it mildly. 

@Catiele wrote:

@Catiele   I read recently online that Tracy and Hepburn were both gay and their so called affair was a coverup..I can believe it of Hepburn the way she dressed and acted, and maybe the reason his wife never divorced him, aside from being Catholic, because she knew he and Hepburn were really not together.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   Yes that was in Bowers' book.

Honored Contributor

When the Harvey Weinstein incident first became public, my mother told me Shelly Winters wrote a book all about the Hollywood "casting couch."  She named names.   One of the things she mentioned was that everyone was a willing participant including her!  The casting couch was part of the game of getting into showbusiness.  Smiley Surprised

I Googled & Binged & it appears SW wrote around 3 books.  My mother did not know which ones named names.  Maybe all of them. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Back in the late 1970's, I read the book "Hollywood Babylon" by Kenneth Anger & found it quite eye opening!    Alla Nazimova was quite an interesting character!

There was also a sequel to that book... Both were pretty juicy... Supposedly, there's an unpublished Hollywood Babylon 3...

Yes, I read the sequel.  I hope they publish the third one someday.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Catiele wrote:

@Catiele wrote:

@Catiele   I read recently online that Tracy and Hepburn were both gay and their so called affair was a coverup..I can believe it of Hepburn the way she dressed and acted, and maybe the reason his wife never divorced him, aside from being Catholic, because she knew he and Hepburn were really not together.

I read where Scotty Bowers' home is for sale:

https://la.curbed.com/2019/4/29/18516656/hollywood-hills-home-for-sale-scotty-bowers?fbclid=IwAR0yfr...