Honored Contributor

Tired Of Drama Themes About COVID

I tried to watch a police drama show and it was all about covid.  I should have watched the news for goodness sake!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Tired Of Drama Themes About COVID

@ECBG Hopefully you understand the differece between a fictionalized drama and actual covid news reports because many people believe conspiracies that have no basis in fact. What you choose to watch is up to you.

Esteemed Contributor

The offerings on the major networks - most I don’t care for.

Early on Monday I check the listings on Public TV, TCM, and the Smithsonian channel and record what seems interesting.

This week we watched three episodes about Hemingway by Ken Burns I had recorded, and they were excellent.  That saves the day for us, at least.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I don't think the topic of a worldwide pandemic is going anywhere soon. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

No kidding!  I watch tv shows to give myself a mental break from seeing, hearing or reading about COVID.  I've almost stopped watching QVC because even in their presentations, they have to bring it up.  "This outfit will be great when we are able to get out again, blah, blah, blah.

COVID is a virus that is not going completely away.  We have to learn to live with it & live our lives.

I recently got hooked on Mad Men.  I never watched it when it was on live, but really like it! At least it went off the air long before COVID hit. I would hate to have to look at Don Draper with a mask on...LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

Even the commercials are  harder to watch. Fast Forward!

Respected Contributor

If you see masks switch the channel.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG I don't think the topic of a worldwide pandemic is going anywhere soon. Woman Frustrated

@Sooner 

See the source image

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched regular network TV in ages.  I've been watching Netflix, Prime or HBO....no mention of masks or the pandemic.  I see enough of it on the news.

Honored Contributor

Covid is our lives these days and isn't going away. We're going to see it on tv shows, news, and elsewhere for a loooooong time.  It didn't have to be this bad. Those who choose to ignore science and believe conspiracy theories will make it drag on a lot longer.