Esteemed Contributor

Tina Turner documentary - Huge Disappointment!

I like Tina Turner, but this documentary was not good at all!! It was, frankly, boring....It was very poorly done. The documentary about the Bee Geez was totally first-rate as a matter of comparison. Perhaps Tina Turner needed Frank Marshall to produce it, too. Did anybody else watch this? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tina Turner documentary - Huge Disappointment!

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361  there are some replies on this thread:

Tina Turner Documentary

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

To be honest I don't know what I was expecting, watched it twice, and found it flat if that makes any sense.  It was nice to see a glimpse of her estate in Lake Zurich (so gorgeous), but the whole documentary was barely a glimpse.

Esteemed Contributor

What I took from the interview  was that some aspects of her life she really did not want to discuss . I think that she controlled  where when how the interview was conducted. It was clear that she truly was very tired and resented   news media questions  abt  Ike Turner or placing her career in his shadow.  It would have been  nice to have herad more abt her experience and how she felt abt recording with Phil Spector  since he was so selective in who he  recorded.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoyed the show. 

Honored Contributor

What were we hoping to learn that wasn't in the book I, Tina and the movie based on it, What's Love Got to do With it?

This is like the Selena tv series.  What are we learning that we didn't already know from the JLo movie?  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Love Tina Turner and looked forward to seeing this, but I think I might be sorely disappointed if it's the same old stuff that we have already heard.

Honored Contributor

Didn't see it.  

But, my hands down, numero uno favorite Youtube video is of her (circa 1966) singing River Deep Mountain High with Ike and backups. 

Best performance of her singing the song.  Won't watch any other!

Don't know too much about her other than the tumultuous relationship she had with Ike. I read she left him with literally just change in her pocket totalling less than $1.00.

Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

Love Tina Turner and looked forward to seeing this, but I think I might be sorely disappointed if it's the same old stuff that we have already heard.

@Flatbush I also love TIna- there was a lot ofthe same tales we've heard. But  in this case it came from TIna herself. Huge difference- I really liked the documentary.