Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Yes, DH and I did it a few times mostly pre-9/11. We would have dinner, get half price tix to a Broadway show, and find a place to stand around 10:30 pm.  It was great!!!

After 9/11, the security became much stricter and it was hard to get close without being there hours before.  Glad we did it when we did, but with the state of the world now, would not do it again.

they have people penned in like cattle for hours, truly don't understand it 

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I was born & raised in Brooklyn.I've lived East of NYC for 40 years.DH & I will be in the city on Sunday.We'll see the tree at Rockefeller Center,have lunch etc.

I have never spent New Year's Eve in Times Square.I have no desire to be pushed & shoved by thousands of people,freeze & wear depends for over 12 hours.Yes, there are no bathrooms.If you leave to try to find one you will not be allowed back in.

DH & I will be cuddling up in front of our fireplace & tv on New Years Eve.We'll be eating hors d'oeuvres & sipping champagne 🥂🍾.I can't think of a better way to watch the ball drop from Times Square.

AMEN

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

believe me no one from the Tri-State area is going to do that or even go to Times square ,  

Truer words were never spoken.