Honored Contributor

Time Warner Cable And Spectrum

Spectrum is not starting off their relationship with their customers very well. You see the commercials promising great things to come. My DVR was not recording programs from ABC ( I have had this problem 3 other times this year). I call CS and she was rude, they try everything they can not to send a technician out. I demand an appointment (I pay $200 a month), and he came on Wednesday. I have multi room DVR and he told me to hold on to it, Spectrum won't be offering it to new customers. Also I was discussing with the CS rep about negotiating a better price and she told me Spectrum won't be doing that like TWC did. Now today I see a crawl on the screen that 14 NBC owned channels may be dropped (including NBC) and to call Spectrum to complain. If Spectrum drops NBC I'm dropping them!

Honored Contributor

Re: Time Warner Cable And Spectrum

@Jordan2 wrote:

Spectrum is not starting off their relationship with their customers very well. You see the commercials promising great things to come. My DVR was not recording programs from ABC ( I have had this problem 3 other times this year). I call CS and she was rude, they try everything they can not to send a technician out. I demand an appointment (I pay $200 a month), and he came on Wednesday. I have multi room DVR and he told me to hold on to it, Spectrum won't be offering it to new customers. Also I was discussing with the CS rep about negotiating a better price and she told me Spectrum won't be doing that like TWC did. Now today I see a crawl on the screen that 14 NBC owned channels may be dropped (including NBC) and to call Spectrum to complain. If Spectrum drops NBC I'm dropping them!

@Jordan2

This is bad customer service and what a headache this is becoming. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  OMG - you had the exact same RUDE conversation with a CS from TW just this week about him starting out telling me it now costs me $40 for a tech to walk through my front door.

THen he too refused to send out a tech to help me figure out what the (fill in the blank with your fav 4letter word here) problem is with why my remote no longer works in conjunction with cable coming thru my dvd b/c my surround sound no longer works.  His response:  our techs don't fix surround sound.  I told him I didn't care how much it may now cost me I NEED somebody to (again pick your fav 4letter insert) come to my house and FIX my - or YOUR problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't get no...satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I've ALWAYS hated time warner.  DH pays t his bill otherwise I'd have changed companies YEARS AGO.  At my wits end about what the problem is here.  I hate this company!  I have no solution.  My stuff still doesn't work right.  And TW refuses to help me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw that warning about the NBC stations. I will NOT stay with Spectrum if they do this. Customer-no-service appears to be their way of doing business...and I thought Time Warner was bad. This is worse!

Honored Contributor

I've been wanting to drop DirecTV for Spectrum, now I will re-think it.

There is really nothing wrong with DirecTV, but the price.

I'm no longer in the 2 year contract window, they raise the price every year.

@Jordan2

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I've been wanting to drop DirecTV for Spectrum, now I will re-think it.

There is really nothing wrong with DirecTV, but the price.

I'm no longer in the 2 year contract window, they raise the price every year.

@Jordan2

@software, if I were you I'd wait a little while before switching to Spectrum. Sometimes you're better off sticking with what you know. And if  you talk to people, no one seems to be happy with whatever company provides them with their TV, Internet, and phone services!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2, my daughter works for them and believe it or not, the employees have been hurt by this change too. She had a higher up position, her own office and everything but they cut out her job and now she has to man the phones again. They got rid of many people, shuffled around many others. They are told to do everything in their power to keep from sending a technician out and if they don't try everything possible first, their job is on the line. The calls are recorded and gone over and over to see if the cs reps are handling them correctly so they are under a lot of pressure to keep from sending technicians out. Sales are no longer high on the agenda either. My daughter is now pregnant with twins and is thinking of not going back after the babies are born. She is very upset by the changes. Before, she was ready to retire from there someday as she loved it very much. Customers take it out on them because of what they cannot help and dealing with snotty people all day long has not been fun for her. She has told me some of the stories. I know everyone wants to think the customer service reps are always the rude ones, and while we know there are some who are, there are some customers who are unbearable too. They've even had to fire one, she was so awful! My daughter has been called some awful, disgusting names by others. She's a pretty tough cookie but she's hung up on more than one occasion and burst into tears. So I agree that this change is not for the better but be aware, the customer service reps are feeling it too. Many have lost their jobs or had their roles change to a lesser role and are not happy. I think most of us wish it were just Time Warner Cable again, customers AND employees.

Truthfully, I would not switch from something else to Spectrum. They just do not seem to care about keeping their customers happy.

Edited to fix typo.

Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@Jordan2, my daughter works for them and believe it or not, the employees have been hurt by this change too. She had a higher up position, her own office and everything but they cut out her job and now she has to man the phones again. They got rid of many people, shuffled around many others. They are told to do everything in their power to keep from sending a technician out and if they don't try everything possible first, their job is on the line. The calls are recorded and gone over and over to see if the cs reps are handling them correctly so they are under a lot of pressure to keep from sending technicians out. Sales are no longer high on the agenda either. My daughter is now pregnant with twins and is thinking of not going back after the babies are born. She is very upset by the changes. Before, she was ready to retire from there someday as she loved it very much. Customers take it out on them because of what they cannot help and dealing with snotty people all day long has not been fun for her. She has told me some of the stories. I know everyone wants to think the customer service reps are always the rude ones, and while we know there are some who are, there are some customers who are unbearable too. They've even had to fire one, she was so awful! My daughter has been called some awful, disgusting names by others. She's a pretty tough cookie but she's hung up on more than one occasion and burst into tears. So I agree that this change is not for the better but be aware, the customer service reps are feeling it too. Many have lost their jobs or had their roles change to a lesser role and are not happy. I think most of us wish it were just Time Warner Cable again, customers AND employees.

Truthfully, I would not switch from something else to Spectrum. They just do not seem to care about keeping their customers happy.

Edited to fix typo.

@Qgirl26, I'm sorry for what your daughter is going through, I'm sure she is good at her job, but some people should not be in customer service. The woman I spoke to on Tuesday was kind of rude, and had an attitude. I spoke to someone today to complain about the trouble with NBC and their channels maybe being dropped and the rep was polite and understanding. I also have to say in my defense I never complain about anyone to the higher ups, I don't want to be responsible for someone losing their job. I also am polite when speaking with someone from CS as it is not right to take out my frustrations with the company on them. I would not like for someone to yell or speak to me in a certain manner, I don't do the same to them. 

Honored Contributor

Vivian Florimond wrote:

I saw that warning about the NBC stations. I will NOT stay with Spectrum if they do this. Customer-no-service appears to be their way of doing business...and I thought Time Warner was bad. This is worse!

I was surprised to see this yesterday.    Of all the years (decades) I've been with Charter (now called Spectrum, I guess), we've never had this kind of thing happen.  You see it all the time with satellite providers, but not usually with cable.

I hope Charter isn't getting too big for their britches, what with these recent acquisitions.   That would be a shame because it's always been a pretty decent cable co.

If they don't get an agreement, there are going to be quite a few channels missing until they do.    I watch a few things on NBC and some on E! and Bravo and I forgot the rest, but there are about 14 or 15 of them that will be affected.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I was surprised to see this yesterday.    Of all the years (decades) I've been with Charter (now called Spectrum, I guess), we've never had this kind of thing happen.  You see it all the time with satellite providers, but not usually with cable.

I hope Charter isn't getting too big for their britches, what with these recent acquisitions.   That would be a shame because it's always been a pretty decent cable co.

If they don't get an agreement, there are going to be quite a few channels missing until they do.    I watch a few things on NBC and some on E! and Bravo and I forgot the rest, but there are about 14 or 15 of them that will be affected.

@chickenbutt, if I can't watch This Is Us, I don't know what I'll do! I also like USA and SYFY which would be dropped by Spectrum.