Honored Contributor

Re: Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I resisted watching this show until I got such FOMO I had to cave in. It's much more insane than I ever imagined. It's also much darker than I expected. I intend to finish it, I'm about halfway through. I imagine when they make a Hollywood movie about this it's going to be quite over the top as there is so much bizarre material to work with. Question is will it be more campy or lean towards a Joker style darkness. Lots of actors want to be a part of it.

@Grouchomarx   What is FOMO?  Is that going around too?  Is it contageous? Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Sooner Cat LOL  FOMO is fear of missing out.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Sooner Cat LOL  FOMO is fear of missing out.

@colliemom4  Thanks.  I had no idea.  Well, I had ideas, but not good ones!  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

While I was waiting in line at the grocery store this past week, I picked up the latest PEOPLE magazine featuring Tiger King, Joe Exotic.  It peaked my curiosity; I just watched all episodes & what a diversion & break from Coronavirus!  Just when I think I have heard & seen it all, this Netflix series has topped everything for me.  My mouth hung open the entire time. Never in a million years would I have believed this all actually happened!  And I thought Casey Anthony & Jodi Arias was beyond belief....wow, just wow!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have not seen it and most likely will not see it. I can not get a straight answer from people , Is this real?

Is is a DOCumentary or a MOCKumentary?

Edited for spelling.  Apparently my keyboard is thwarting me too.

Respected Contributor

I've seen so much about this guy being featured on "entertainment" type shows.  I do not have Netflix.  If it has anything to do w/abusing animals I would not watch it anyway.  People can abuse themselves all they want imo, but leave the animals alone.

I thought humans were supposed to be the ones with the large brains.  I think not, especially if they make a living abusing any type of creature, whether big or small.

I will agree that truth is often much stranger than fiction.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I watched The Tiger King and I on Netflix ( not sure if that what's it called), Joel McHale interviewed people from the documentary. No one is on Joe's side.

Respected Contributor

@candys mine Yes it is real & true which was a shock & awe for me.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From Jackson Galaxy's YouTube videos:

Tiger King Fail: Where we missed the mark and what we can do about it.
- YouTube

“Tiger King is a worldwide phenomenon; outlandish, outrageous, human behavior and storylines that have kept us all talking about it for weeks.

I dig into what should have been the biggest storyline of all...”

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@BornToShopThank you.  Real life .Murder ihas NEVER been my ENTERTAINMENT. Makes me sad that so many people are gaining enjoyment and Profit from it.