Respected Contributor

Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness

NETFLIX ...

A reality show that was not funny ...

First I got angry;  then I became sad ...

At the end ... very sad.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness

I have heard so much about this show. Are you saying here its worth watching or stay away?

Esteemed Contributor

I started watching this show last night.  I'm on episode 5 now.  It's like a car accident - I can't seem to look away.  What an odd lot of characters.  In my opinion, @godi , worth watching!

Honored Contributor

I've read a lot about it, but when I read he killed 5 tigers, I knew it wasn't for me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

What a cast of characters but very intriguing I had to watch the whole thing.

Trusted Contributor

@

@Citrine1 wrote:

I started watching this show last night.  I'm on episode 5 now.  It's like a car accident - I can't seem to look away.  What an odd lot of characters.  In my opinion, @godi , worth watching!

I agree with you!  This is definitely one of those cases where reality is stranger than fiction.  I watched 4 episodes so far & was hooked after the first one.

Super Contributor

I haven't watched yet but when I read that he was suing for $94 MILLION for wrongful conviction and also wants a presidential pardon I thought I'd add it to my viewing list! 

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I've read a lot about it, but when I read he killed 5 tigers, I knew it wasn't for me.

WHAT??!  Why would I watch tripe like that?  Man oh man, isn't life depressing enough right now without that.  Killing tigers..shameful. @KingstonsMom  It's definitely not for me either.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

WHAT??!  Why would I watch tripe like that?  Man oh man, isn't life depressing enough right now without that.  Killing tigers..shameful. @KingstonsMom  It's definitely not for me either.

@MoJoV 

There's so much more abuse and inhumane acts that this scum perpetuated against big cats, that I'm disgusted that he's being given notoriety for it, which he's said from prison that he's been enjoying.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Happy2BHere wrote:

I haven't watched yet but when I read that he was suing for $94 MILLION for wrongful conviction and also wants a presidential pardon I thought I'd add it to my viewing list! 

@Happy2BHere 

He's a total nut job, from WIKI, but there's so much more about him online:

Joseph Allen Maldonado-Passage, (né Schreibvogel; born March 5, 1963), popularly known as Joe Exotic, is the former operator of Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park in Oklahoma. He claimed to be the most prolific breeder of tigers in the United States.[2] He ran as a candidate for President of the United States as well as for Governor of Oklahoma, but neither campaign garnered significant public support. In 2019 he was convicted on 17 federal charges of animal abuse (eight violations of the Lacey Act and nine of the Endangered Species Act[3]) and two counts of murder-for-hire, for a plot to kill Carole Baskin, the chief executive officer of Big Cat Rescue, an animal rescue organization for exotic cats.[3] He is currently serving 22 years in federal prison.