Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thursday Night Football on CBS a flop . . .

On 11/2/2014 Shelbelle said:

My Th night lineup never includes anything on CBS, not in recent years.

You should give Elementary a look, you just might like it. Thursdays @ 9 (central.)

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

One night this week there were football games on all three major networks. Since ABC and CBS are the stations I watch the most, I was disappointed!

Super Contributor

Facts - they're such beautiful things! Kudos to those who bothered to check for accurate information.
Esteemed Contributor

Way before the nfl season started I read an article that football was only going to be aired on cbs for half the season. Then two broke girls would start and big bang would move back to thursdays. Football is very popular and it would be almost impossible for ratings to flop.
Super Contributor

Hi Ford !!

I looked all over for the football game and couldn't find it, now I know why. For weeks on end they advertised on CBS the football game on Thursday nights, I am shocked to read here that the plan was only for a half season (albeit I don't believe we are even at the half way mark yet). Millions must have been spent on advertising.

Esteemed Contributor

I think we are at week nine so we are over half way through the season.
Super Contributor

On 11/3/2014 ccassaday said: I think we are at week nine so we are over half way through the season. Oh thanks! Although CBS stopped it a couple weeks ago ?? I am wondering if they will put some first run shows in its place
Super Contributor

Last Thursday, Oct. 30th, CBS returned to a primetime lineup of four first-run sitcoms, TBBT; Mom; Two and a Half Men; The McCarthys and the drama, Elementary.
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/2/2014 gardenman said:

If anything the ratings were better than expected for CBS. The games were generally one-side routs and still got big ratings. As others have stated this was the contract CBS signed. CBS would share the first eight weeks of the Thursday night games and then they'd go back to the NFL Network and CBS would revert to their normal programming.

After I saw the OP post I checked and saw that Thurday night football was the 4th highest rated show of the week, last week. I would think that was certainly higher of any of the other CBS shows that air Thursday night (with the possible exception of BBT.)
Honored Contributor

I didn't know NFL Network was considered a premium channel. We have TWC, basic package, and we get it and we always had it when we had DirectTV as well, just a basic package.