Honored Contributor

Thursday 9/17/2015: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

We have a winner for stage one of the three part final HOH. The first stage was a repeat of the dip and swing into a wall comp from a few seasons ago where the houseguests would get dunked into a pool then lifted up and swung against a wall. All three did very well and the comp lasted over three hours. Finally Steve fell, then Vanessa and Liz quickly reached a deal and Liz dropped to save her strength for the second stage of the comp leaving Vanessa the winner of the first round.

Liz is in a great spot as both Vanessa and Steve are planning to take Liz to the end. I think Liz would take Vanessa too, so Steve pretty much has to win stage two to survive. 

They'll probably have today and likely tomorrow off to recover from last night's comp, then part two, typically a combination puzzle/physical comp will take place. Vanessa can't play in that comp so it'll be Liz versus Steve. Steve's whole year now comes down to that comp. A loss in that comp kills him. Steve doesn't generally perform well under pressure and this will be a lot of pressure. I wouldn't be shocked to see Liz win that stage pretty easily. If Liz wins, there will be no drama heading into next week. It won't matter who wins stage three as Liz and Vanessa both want to take each other. If Steve wins stage two then stage three he'll take Liz, so the only way for Vanessa to reach the final two is for Liz to win stage two, or for Vanessa to win stage three.

Now we wait for stage two to take place. I think that will be Friday or Saturday, and most likely Saturday. After that we'll either know the final two, or it will remain up in the air until the finale. Expect Liz and Vanessa to glue themselves to one another to keep Steve from trying to influence either of them. About the only chance he'll have to talk to either will be when the other one is in the DR. I don't see Steve being especially persuasive in any case.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Thursday 9/17/2015: Big Brother 17 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Morning, Gardenman!  I have another two hours on line LOL and then it's to Saturday and I'd like to know you and everyone's best guess for jury votes assuming it's Vanessa vs. Liz?

I believe Shelli will be influential since she's been with Jackie and Becky and Meg the longest.  Shelli made a short but good case for Vanessa on the clip we saw the other night.  I can't imagine James voting for Liz but I may be off base.  

So please go person by person and let me know what you think before my land line and computer go off and I enter what is now called a state of "mindfulness" (except for my cell phone).  So what, right now I have no mind?  I'd rather have a computer and no mind!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Morning, Gardenman!  I have another two hours on line LOL and then it's to Saturday and I'd like to know you and everyone's best guess for jury votes assuming it's Vanessa vs. Liz?

I believe Shelli will be influential since she's been with Jackie and Becky and Meg the longest.  Shelli made a short but good case for Vanessa on the clip we saw the other night.  I can't imagine James voting for Liz but I may be off base.  

So please go person by person and let me know what you think before my land line and computer go off and I enter what is now called a state of "mindfulness" (except for my cell phone).  So what, right now I have no mind?  I'd rather have a computer and no mind!

Okay. Here goes my best guess.

Austin votes for Liz.

Julia votes for Liz.

Shelli votes for Vanessa.

Steve votes for Vanessa.

Those would seem to be pretty solid. The rest are more leaning votes.

Becky would likely vote for Liz since she hates Vanessa, but she could admire Vanessa's game enough to vote for her.

James and Meg were allied with Austin and the twins and close to them while in the house, so I would think they'd lean more towards Liz despite their later issues.

John is anyone's guess. I suspect he'd try to vote with the group so whichever way the house was leaning would likely get John's vote.

Jackie would likely vote for Vanessa on her gameplay, but could reward Liz for playing a cleaner, less manipulative game.

Both women could make reasonable arguments for the win. Liz has won a lot of comps and generally got out her targets. Vanessa has also won a lot of comps but pretty much every HOH imploded on her. Liz played a pretty clean game with few lies or attempts to manipulate everyone. Vanessa treated all the houseguests as her puppets and largely controlled the whole game. Liz was handicapped for the first few weeks by only being in the house half the time. If I was on the jury, I'm not really sure how I'd vote. I'd admire Vanessa's gameplay, but she was also lucky to play with gullible idiots. In other years she'd have gotten the boot very early on. She was very lucky to survive her week when she lined the house up to backdoor Austin then changed her mind. I don't see this being a unanimous vote no matter what. I wouldn't be shocked to see it be a five four vote.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Just my opinion but would have a hard time giving any of the remaining house guests the money. It would just seem to me like rewarding their bad behavior.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I'll miss your posts Lori. As far as predictions for jury? They don't get better than G'man's so I'm going with his. See you soon!

Respected Contributor

I feel if it's Liz Vanessa it will be Vanessa 7/2 because I feel voting for Liz will have a feel of somehow giving credit to Austin.  I know I would vote for the one who beat me at least I hope I would.  I feel if it's Liz Steve then Liz would have a good chance of winning because Steve wimped out when he had chances to put up Vanessa and I hope Liz sees that.

julie told entertainment weekly bb is not a popularity contest and I certainly understand that more than when I started watching.

thanks to Gardenman for all the posts and always answering questions and everybody else making it a good forum

Valued Contributor

BORING BORING BBAD LAST NIGHT!!  UGH

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

BORING BORING BBAD LAST NIGHT!!  UGH

The last week of the feeds is typically dreadfully dull. The final three generally are stuck inside the whole time. None wants to leave the other two alone in case they try to make a deal. There's not a lot to do in the house and they do lots and lots of sleeping. It is the absolute worst time to have the live feeds.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Out of curiosity I checked out the BB application for next year (it says for summer of

16). They ask all the questions that can't be asked on a job app----sex, age, race,

marital status, last school attended, educational level, height, weight, children. I was going to apply but it was time to change my Depends...

I thought Rachel looked great and was much more likeable than in the past.

Was it my imagination or does Austin have great teeth ?

GM--thanks for another year of reporting. Especially for someone with only network coverage, your posts are appreciated.

Loved reading all the comments and observations from all the GardenGirls.

DogLvr and SusieQ2---- if GM should ever retire, you two are the co-heir apparents,

IMO....your time spent and your attention to "girlie" details has not gone unnoticed. 

And finally.....to my old special friends from last year, always in my heart.......

Trusted Contributor

Danky, I know that I am one of your special Gardengirl friends from last year.  We all certainly "spilled our guts" as the months went by (after the ending of BB).  I will always appreciate the kindnesses shown to me by all the Gardengirls during that rough life-changing event I had.  Which was dwarfed by the life-changing event that you had.   

Forever in my heart too, friend.

Well, I don't want any of the 3 remaining HG's to win this big money this season either!  I will be (hoping) glad to see James win the $25,000 favorite player award though!!  LOL