Honored Contributor

Thursday 9/14/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And soon there will be three. Paul apparently won the POV comp and is now both HOH and the POV holder. He's reportedly instructed his puppet Christmas to vote out Kevin, so Josh, Christmas and Paul will be the final three. (Tactically, I think that's a bad move as Kevin has won nothing where the other two could make a decent argument against Paul. Paul also doesn't know that both Christmas and Josh have talked of needing to get rid of Paul to win. But, what the hey.)

So on tonight's show we'll see the aftermath of Alex leaving the house, the POV comp, the POV ceremony, and then Kevin leave the house. Paul should easily win one of the stages of the POV comp and likely Josh the other one. Then we'll see the final stage play out live on Wednesday's show where they have the guessing questions. A Josh win there would make me very happy and even happier if he took Christmas and booted Paul. Seeing Paul as the final juror would help to redeem this mess of a season.

Don't be shocked if Paul gets all of the questions right if production fears he'll get voted out. Paul's gotten a lot of help this year and I suspect it won't stop until he's named the winner. Production knows the answers, where the houseguests don't and it's truly a guess as to how the evicted houseguests would answer. Anyone who gets more than 50% of the answers right either got very lucky, or got clued in by production.

So we now have six days to kill, the slowest six days of the season, until we see Paul face off against either Christmas or Josh (likely Josh) in the final stage of the HOH comp. If Paul wins he'll then take Josh to the final two with him (or so he says now) and it will be up to the jury to decide who wins the game. Will it be a bitter jury? Possibly. We'll have to see, but the most likely outcome is for Paul to win, as it's been pretty much since it was announced he'd be joining the game. 

This has easily been the most boring and predictable season of BB ever. All you had to know each week was "What does Paul want to happen this week?" and you knew what the outcome would be. The majority of the house never went against him, never questioned him. They bought his lies, even his lie that he never lies, and just blindly followed him. It made for an incredibly boring season to watch.

It was also one of the nastiest seasons to watch. We had no real heroes this year. People say ED's season was worse, but in ED's season we had good people to cheer for (Eric, Jessica, Kail, Zach) who went far in the game and just one real villain in ED. We had no real heroes this year, just a large group of nasty, name-calling, hate filled players all led by Paul. 

Tonight will be our next to last live show. We'll likely get some footage of the jury house tonight and the new arrivals. Nothing much has gone on in the house for footage, so they'll need that to fill the airtime. Then tomorrow night we get the boring season long recap show where the final three will gather around a champagne breakfast and repeat questions whispered into their earpieces by production. (It's always kind of funny to see them "remembering" things they weren't there to see as some of the scenes they "remember" took place when none of the three were present.) You get a really good feel for how bad they are as actors on that show. Then the show will end with a teaser for the HOH comp. 

We'll learn on the feeds who won each of the first two stages of the final HOH comp (Paul and Josh would be the smart bets) and then time will stand still as we wait for the end. Those last few days just drag by for both the house and the viewers. It used to be fun when they did the jury questions in the house. The jurors used to grill them for hours and when the feeds came back up after that the houseguests would be badly shaken and convinced everyone in the jury hated them all. Now we just get a few pre-selected jury questions on the finale which isn't nearly as dramatic. They used to position the two eviction chairs in front of the living room TV and let the jurors go after the final two and the aftermath of that was always fun, but BB doesn't do that any longer. Pity!

Oh well, for those of us who don't like Paul we have two more chances to see him disappointed. The first will be if he gets the boot as the last juror, and the last chance is for the jury to be full of bitter voters who vote for Josh/Christmas instead of Paul. For the Paul fans there are only two more pitfalls he has to overcome to win the game. Paul deserves to win as he's the only one who's left who even tried to play Big Brother, but I hate the way he played the game.  

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Re: Thursday 9/14/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I don't see Paul getting voted out.  All Josh's talk

of making a big move and putting Paul up will never happen.  Why was it OK for Paul to cry after his talk with Alex, but he yells at Josh when he cries.  It was funny how Christmas couldn't play last night, but could play in a race comp!  It looked like maybe Kevin and Christmas threw the comp last night.  If they did, why would anyone, at this late in the game, throw a comp!  Funny Paul got every answer correct!  I have seen on Facebook articles Paul knew Raven, Alex and Christmas before this season.  If this is true, talk about stacking the house!  Could be why Christmas was left in the game.  Thanks again Gardenman for making this season bearable!

Respected Contributor

Paul was a ringer from the beginning. Your recaps are better than the predictable show itself.

Honored Contributor

They've been throwing comps all season and getting voted out for doing so, but they never learn the lesson. It is the dumbest, nastiest cast we've ever had.

People who compare this season to ED's season forget that ED was playing dirty to try and make himself a target to keep Danielle in the house. He wanted the target on him so Danielle could stay alive. This cast just plays mean because they like being mean. Eric as America's Player was why ED stayed in the game as long as he did. 

This year's cast isn't using meanness as a strategy to make themselves a target and advance someone else's game, they're being mean because they enjoy it and Paul rewards them for being mean. It's more than a little crazy what we've seen this year. There are going to be a lot of houseguests having to explain why they played like they played after this season is done. "Paul told us to" isn't really that good of an explanation.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched the show last night until it went off at 3:00am.

I thought it was interesting to hear Paul test Christmas on various things in the house.  I got the impression he was trying to see how much she knew.  

I saw it as as him trying to decide how much of a threat she'd be if she went to  the end when questioned the mundane questions in competition.

For instance, he asked her "How many apples were there in the room they were lying in".  She spouted out a totally incorrect number.  He then said what was probably a correct number.  He followed that with another question.  I thought it was perhaps about how many mailboxes in some room.  I couldn't hear all of the question.  He said some number when she said she had no ides.  Then they immediately cut to a commercial ( I've always found it interesting when commercials pop up).

I've always thought anyone would be crazy to take Paul to the end because he showed last year how smart he is and how much he is able to notice and retain.  I tend to be more intrigued and interested in these final days late at night.  I see that as when there are longer one on ones with each other and their guard is down more.

Another example I found interesting was listening to Kevin asking for Paul to help him when he gave his speech on why they should vote for him.  This conversation went on for some time.  He continuously asked Paul if he should say things like 'he was X older than even the oldest house guest; yet he'd managed to get this far.  He also said he'd never won the competitions, yet he'd managed to get this far.....and so on.  Paul kept saying (paraphrasing here) " I wouldn't say those things.  Remember, for the most part they are only interested in things that went on 'in the house'.  You need to keep it to the point and don't ramble on too long".

This is what I was talking about earlier here when describing why I like watching the show late at night with these longer one on ones.

I've liked Paul this season.  I know that is counter to what most people here feel.  I don't read on the internet on what other's feel (not interested).  I'm novice in this game (especially compared to most of you).  Last year was the first time I watched Big Brother and even then I didn't watch it every week.  I just didn't like the premise of the show (and still don't).

As I said here, I do find it interesting watching the interaction between these players.  I think what it came down to (from what I understand about the game) was that these guests were not very good at manipulating and/or lying to others.  They just weren't good at it.  I think one has to be intelligent (and I'm not talking about book-intelligent) I'm talking about knowing people intelligent.  With the people I saw it was "what you see is what you get".  There was no mystery to them.

Anyway, I won't go on.  Most of you probably haven't even read this post.  I've obviously misunderstood the game because I see it (seemingly) entirely different from most of you.

I REALLY think he deserves to win.  After all, doesn't this country worship winners.....it seems to me (for the most part) at whatever the cost?  

I do remember last year (when I think the players were better educated (street-wise and book-wise) in discussions as to why they voted like they did it was because they were able to separate the game play from the person they liked.  I heard several last year say they didn't like Nicole but they thought she was a good player.  I thought that was very intelligent to be able to focus on the game, not on who "likes" who.  I've never been able to do that anywhere that I can think of.

Honored Contributor

Now we have a conspiracy. Just can't bring yourself to give Paul the credit he deserves. Better to find redeeming qualities in the smarmy duo that is Jess and Cody.

Respected Contributor

As awful as Paul has been this time around (and I really loved him and Victor), he has played the game. It's been dirty, but he has played.

Honored Contributor

CBS punked me. Just found out that Paul tried to sue CBS last year. Of course he was handed this season on a silver platter. All I have been watching is a soap opera complete with a maniacal nasty Stalin loving punk. And apparently Xmas was Paul's mother's trainer. Wish this had come out in the beginning of the season.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

As awful as Paul has been this time around (and I really loved him and Victor), he has played the game. It's been dirty, but he has played.

Respectfully said, Paul didn't play the game. He let others do his dirty work. He was a serial bully and if Karma had anything to do with this game, he would lose.

Valued Contributor

I was pretty neutral on Paul last season. 

Now I absolutely cannot stand him ~ 

lol at his DR cry session ~ immediately AFTER he sees his comic and realizes that he's not quite the hero that he thinks he is. 

yeah, he's really a sensitive soul. <snort> 

I guess the episode didn't want to show that he ranted and raved longer about that comic and his image longer and harder than he cried for evicting his "friend".

Don't even get me started on the delusional Alex ~ on the interview via Parade, she's still carrying on about Kevin and attempting to justify her horrible behavior ~ in fact, it's pretty clear that she doesn't even realize that she was despicable. According to her version, she was just having fun!