Honored Contributor

Thursday 9/05/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

It's double eviction Thursday! (At last!) Time to flush two houseguests out the door tonight. Barring a massive shift the first to go will be Jessica. She'll be stunned. (Well, she typically looks a bit stunned, so it may be hard to tell, but she'll be stunned.) She'll head out to chat with Julie and like, drive, like Julie, like totally, like literally, like crazy, like, literally, like, you know. (Note to Julie: Chat up your friends in casting and get them to cast saner, more mature, semi-lliterate houseguests next season.)

Then will come the first of the two HOH comps. Jackson won't be able to play in that one being the outgoing HOH, so his life in the game will depend on Holly, Cliff or Nicole winning HOH or Jackson winning POV. The nominees will likely be either Tommy/Christie or Jackson/Holly. Not a lot of thought needs to go into the process this time around. Having a later DE means that the sides are picked and nominees are largely set in stone. Cliff or Nicole could upset things a bit and put up Jackson, possibly as a replacement nominee, but since it only takes two votes to evict and Holly is one vote to keep Jackson (probably) Cliff or Nicole would then control who stays or goes.

The POV comp will be very important. This is typically the "Something's (a clown shoe for example) is hidden in a pit of balls. Find the item/items and ring your buzzer first to win" comp. This is sort of a bulldozer type comp that favors the bigger, more physical players. They'll have balls flying everywhere in their quest to find the item/items. (Jeff, of Jeff/Jordan fame, made this game famous by accidentally throwing out the clown shoe he was trying to find along with the balls, costing him the POV and the game. It's been known as the clown shoe comp since then.)

So, this will be a fun night. We'll start out with Julie popping up and talking to the houseguests earlier than normal and letting them know it'll be a double eviction. That will create some mild panic. We'll get Jess flushed out of the house fairly quickly, then while she's annoying Julie with her like, answers, like to like literally, like Julie's, like questions, the houseguests will get herded out for the first HOH comp. Tha'ts typically a fast comp of some sort, then they'll go back inside to discuss the nominations. (The boat room is always very popular for quick meetings and a quick celebration for the person who won.) Then they'll all be called to the living room to announce the nominees. Then off they'll go for the POV comp.Whoever wins that will typically meet up with the HOH in the boat room or nearby to discuss whether to use it or not. Then their decision will be announced. The two final nominees will then have their little "I love you all and please keep me" speech, and the voting to evict houseguest number two. Then bye-bye number two and the houseguests get a few minutes/hours to breathe and relax, before the second HOH comp takes place after the show.

Way, way back they would often start an endurance HOH comp right as the DE show ended,but they've stopped doing that in later years. Now they tend to do another quick and easy HOH comp a few hours after the show ends.

Chances for something unexpected to happen tonight are pretty slim, but a Cliff or Nicole win of that first HOH could shake things up a bit. I think they're both pretty solid with Holly and Jackson, but the chance to put up both Jackson and Christie at the same time might be appealing to them. That would give whichever of them wasn't HOH the power to pick who stayed or who left and no matter who won POV would let them get rid of a big target. It should be a fun show tonight. I'm looking forward to it. For a few hours after the show the houseguests will be trying to find and pack all the stuff of the second evictee. (They almost always miss a few things.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thursday 9/05/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I'd really like to see some changes to the DE format. First, don't announce it is DE night until after the first eviction!

In my world it would go like this (subject to finessing):

Typical eviction procedure, evictee meets Julie followed by Julie addressing the remaining houseguests with something like houseguests, this is DE night. Report to the yard right now (no time to collaborate).

The comp is held and the winner must immediately (again without consultation or collaboration) announce the nominees.

Nominees are named and the POV competition begins immediately.

As a variant the HOH winner could be anonymous until after the nominees are named.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

They could do a special two hour BB and have the first hour play out like normal, then "Surprise! Your night's not done yet! Everyone to the living room. HOH announce your nominations,"  then have the POV, and the rest of the normal stuff all compressed into the second hour. That could be kind of fun and unexpected by the houseguests. Just as they're relaxing and thinking everything's done, whammo! You hit them with a second hour.  

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I did notice last night that when Jessica is in the diary room, she like doesn't like say like like a lot.  I wonder if they are editing it out when she is in the diary room because it is so annoying.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I did notice last night that when Jessica is in the diary room, she like doesn't like say like like a lot.  I wonder if they are editing it out when she is in the diary room because it is so annoying.

The DR's are often semi-scripted (maybe more than semi) so if she's reading off a script maybe it cancels out the endless likes. They also often shoot multiple takes, so maybe they just keep having her redo them until they finally get one with fewer likes. Earlier in the season she said she didn't think they liked her because she was almost never called to the DR. I've never seen what the houseguests look at in the DR, so there could be a prompter in front of the camera they look into letting them make eye contact with the camera while reading a scripted (or semi-scripted) DR. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman, Good morning everyone!  Gman, is there any talk from the HGs that tonight might be a DE?   Do they suspect it at all?  I apologize if you have already mentioned this.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

@gardenman, Good morning everyone!  Gman, is there any talk from the HGs that tonight might be a DE?   Do they suspect it at all?  I apologize if you have already mentioned this.  Thanks!

Just a little from Tommy and Christie, but no one's really expecting it. We typically get a bunch of evictions at the very end, so they more or less think they're on track without a DE.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Big Brother 22 is now official for next summer and Julie Chen Moonves will be the host. There were preseason reports that a winter season of BB had been ordered also, but it wouldn't be another celebrity season. BBOTT-2 perhaps? We'll have to see.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It's show time! Julie's wearing a bright red dress tonight. Now we get the typical recap and opening. Now we see Holly and Jackson talking about finishing first and second. Jackson thinks they have to keep Tommy/Christie out of the loop, but they already know what's going on. Christie tries to rally Cliff into putting up Jackson and Holly, but Cliff isn't buying what she's selling. Cliff now tells Jackson and Holly what Christie said. Holly and Jackson knew Christie would be a problem and war has begun. Time for the first eviction. Julie tells them there is no jury battle back and it's a double eviction. Time for the don't evict me speeches. Jessica's up first. She loves everyone, keep her in the house. Cliff's up and loves his wife and family. Loves everyone. Loves BB. Please give me your vote. I love you all. Voting time.

Holly votes to evict Jessica.

Nicole votes to evict Jessica.

Christie votes to evict Jessica.

Tommy votes to evict Jessica.

Jessica's a goner!

Jessica comes out smiling, waving and saying hi to everybody. She thinks Jackson will be coming out next. She thinks they should have kept her. Time for the first break.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

So happy I don't like have to like watch her anymore!