Honored Contributor

Thursday 8/01/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

The somewhat boring reign of Empress Holly comes to an end tonight as Sam gets the boot out the door and someone new assumes control of the house. There was brief momentum to evict Kat since Tommy has kind of figured out she and Holly, and maybe Jackson, all knew one another before coming into the house, but that was quickly squashed when the threat of keeping Sam and Nick together became too large.

The house has now largely divided into three camps. You've got the Christie camp, the Jackson camp, and the Leftovers camp. In the Christie camp you have Jack and Tommy solidly on her side. Analyse, Nick, and maybe Jessica are leaning her way. Cliff's sort of everywhere.  In the Jackson camp you have Jackson, Holly, Kat (more the Holly side than the Jackson side) and maybe Cliff once again. In the Leftovers, you've got Nicole, Jessica, Kat (somewhat),Cliff (somewhat) and Nick (somewhat.) 

Jack has somehow decided that Cliff is an evil mastemind spilling the house secrets to both sides to divide them. (Really it's more Analyse and Christie doing that, but whatever.) He and Tommy now want Cliff gone as soon as possible. In later seasons of BB it's not enough to get rid of someone because they're standing between you and the half million dollars. No, you've got to paint them as the cause of all trouble in the world and insist the house will be so much better when they're gone. Week after week we find out that a new person is the supposed cause of all the trouble and he/she needs to go.

Christie seems content not to win HOH this week, she predicts she'll come in third. She has her power for one final week this week which makes her feel a bit safer. There's lots of chatter from both the Jackson and Christie camps about letting a leftover win HOH and then having them backdoor someone from the other side, so we could see the big players all step aside and let a Cliff, Nicole, Nick, Kat, or Jessica win.. 

We have a show tonight! On tonight's show we'll pick up from where the POV meeting ended. We'll see Kat take her place as a nominee and Sam realise he's a dead man walking. Then we'll have the live eviction where Sam will get the boot, likely by a unanimous vote. Then what appears likely to be a fast HOH comp. (Very little setup time.) Then we should finally hear more about the BB field trip and the show willl end. There's no sure thing nomination this week no matter who wins HOH.There's lots of talk of putting up two pawns and then backdooring someone and we might see the first shots fired in the Christie/Jackson war. (Then again Tommy might convince everyone "it's too soon.")

The overall paranoia level in the house is ramping up and taking a toll on the nerves of the houseguests. Christie is constantly on the verge of tears or about to scream at someone. Jessica may now be the safest of the houseguests because she's so utterly useless, no one's overly concerned about her.

My pick to win HOH tonight would be either Cliff or Nicole. They'd have the most potential to really make a bold move and least likely to put up a Leftover. Kat and Nick would be right up there also. Jackson could be interesting too. He really wants to take a shot at the Christie/Tommy union. The worst people to win would be Jack or Tommy. They'd just put up and pick off one of the two Leftovers. But if they got rid of Jessica it might be worthwhile. Nicole or Cliff would seem like more likely targets though.

With Holly not playing tonight the six are down to five playing in the HOH comp. That gives Cliff, Nicole, Kat, Nick and Jessica a decent shot at pulling out the HOH win. (Well, except for Jessica. She shows no interest in winning anything but airtime.) 

I'll be posting live updates during the commecrial breaks once again, but don't expect anything interesting to happen until the HOH comp. We'll likely get a video clip at the very end of the show explaining what happens on the BB field trip. Hopefully it explains enough to let us know to vote for a favorite or a least favorite to go on the trip. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Thursday 8/01/2019 Big Brother 21 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Christie's being her hyper emotional self today and blaming all of the world's trouble on Sam. He even took a nice bed and didn't offer it to her knowing she'd had multiple back surgeries. Christie is making sure Sam leaves by a unanimous vote tonight. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awww...the Leftovers. Well, maybe that's a bit better than their previous name--The Outcasts. It would be awesome if one of them shocked the holy heck out of us and won the comp tonight.

I don't care for the mentality of let's turn someone into a pariah for a week so we can feel good about evicting them. The first time I really started paying attention to that happening (although I'm sure it wasn't new) was BB17. It's textbook Vanessa Rousso and it worked well for her. I guess saying someone is a threat because they're smart, athletic, strategic (or as G'man said standing between you and the $500,000!) isn't enough. They must also be an evil demon so the forces of good can drive them out and save the house from ruination. I'm definitely not a fan. 

I'll be happy when Christie's power expires but unfortunately that's not until the week after this one. She can still use it during the upcoming veto meeting and I'd hate to see a repeat of what happened when Cliff was hoh. It would be nice if the field trip would somehow help out our poor, little Leftovers. This calls for sending some major positive energy. C'mon folks...let's manifest a win! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Am I the only one having trouble getting into this season?  These people are just plum dumb.  I'm really hoping that starting next week when the 6 have to start turning on each other it will get better.  Speaking of next week, I was looking at my guide and the show isn't on for me until 1:37am when I will be sound asleep.  Football is on.

Super Contributor

They sure are dumb but @gardenman helps us get through their stupidity.

Honored Contributor

We've seen the demonizing and isolation of the nominated houseguest taking place for quite some time now and it's unnecessary. I know we saw it as far back as season eleven with Jeff and Jordan. Jeff got ostracised, but Jordan found him and sat with him and talked with him when no one else would. He warned her to avoid him or she'd become the next outcast, but she said she didn't care. Jeff survived and was very impressed by Jordan. He devoted the rest of his game to getting her to the end and he succeeded. It's just so unnecessary and creates real world problems for houseguests after they're evicted. Just vote someone out because they're in your way. You don't have to make them into a super villain. It's my biggest pet peeve with BB. Two weeks ago Sam was beloved. Now he's hated. It's just dumb. The shunning is something that really bugs me.

I think there's a good chance we'll see something interesting this week. The HOH players will be a roughly fifty-fifty mix of Six Shooters and Leftovers. Hopefully a leftover will eke out the win. Even Jackson could liven things up. You never know. A lot of secrets have been exposed this week and things should heat up.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

By the way, we could be seeing a vote flip and Sam staying and Kat leaving. Much of the house now knows that Holly and Kat know one another and that putting up Kat was designed to hide their relationship. No guarantees, but Kat could be a goner.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It's showtime and Julie is very happy to tell us there's been chaos in the house for the last hour and a half and they (production) don't know what's about to happen. They showed an apparent live meeting with four people talking in the storeroom. Now we get the normal recap and opening.

Julie's wearing a long multi-color gown wirh black netting from the bust up. The gown is mostly blue with red top and bottom, but the red has black splotches on it. 

Now we're seeing the post-veto stuff, but Julie had on a meeting in the boat room with Christie talking to two others before the clips. Now we see Sam and Analyse flirting. Analyse says she'd save Sam if she could. Tommy and Christie are being shown being allowed to shed their pink poison ivy punishment. Now we get some Kat and Holly time with Kat sharing info with Holly about Tommy and Christie wanting the couples gone. Holly's concerned that Christie is starting other alliances. Holly and Analyse now share info on Christie. They're very tired of Christie making all the decisions. Christie and Cliff are now shown talking. Cliff's trying to get the couples to turn on one another. Christie agrees with Cliff. Christies says the Six Shooters are a ticking time bomb. Now we get Holly sharing the info with Jackson. Holly's afraid she's doing Christie's dirty work. Time for a break.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And we're back. Sam talks with Jackson and says he needs to blow up the Six Shooters. He tells Jackson Christie was willing to vote out Jack or Jackson during Cliff's HOH. Jackson thinks this confirms his suspicions. Christie is coming after him. Sam pledges loyalty to Jackson and Holly. Jackson now tells Holly what Sam said. Holly says Kat can't go home though. Says she should have put up Nicole. Holly's angry she listened to Christie and put up Kat. Now Jack and Jackson talk. Jack says the Six Shooters is deteriorating at the seams. Time for another break. (They've herded the houseguests back together in the living room.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

We're back again. Time to talk to the houseguests. Things are a little tense in the house. She congratulates them on surviving 44 days. Asks Cliff how hard it is to be apart from the family. Very hard. She talks to Nicole. It's been very tough. She says she has a new family now. They show the dance routine Tommy taught them. They seem to enjoy seeing themselves on TV. She asks Tommy's opinion on who has the best chance of making it on Broadway. He says Nick. The live vote is up next. Time for another break.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!