Honored Contributor

Re: Thursday 12/01/2016 Big Brother Over The Top Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@sissel wrote:

Do you really think Mogan should win? What did she do? I would like Alex or Shelby to win beyond her if they were there'Morgan what the heck?

Of the three who reached the final, I think Morgan deserved it the most, and frankly I don't think it was even close. Was she the best player all season? No. I would rank Danielle as arguably the best player this year. Shelby, Alex, Scott, Morgan, Monte, and Jason were all just a tick below Danielle. Danielle was a comp beast and an insanely complex strategist. Morgan participated in all of the Ball Smasher strategy sessions however and her views were listened to and respected by the rest.

I always say that at the end of the game you want to be the biggest, fastest, smartest, strongest, most loved, least hated house guest to make the jury's job easy. Morgan was bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, more loved and less hated than Jason, so in my opinion, she deserved the win.

Look at it this way. Make a list of things Morgan did wrong and a list of things Jason did wrong and compare them. Jason unnecessarily antagonized his fellow house guests (stealing Krackels, pineapple, etc.). He rubbed his underarms on their pillows/possessions out of spite. He intentionally kept up loud conversations in earshot of the other house guests who were trying to sleep even after they'd beg him and his crew to hold it down. He wiped boogers on their possessions and food. He called them all derogatory names and said horrible hate-filled things including threatenting to burn down Shelby's house and her favorite bar.

What did Morgan do wrong? There's not a lot that springs to mind is there? What did Morgan do right? She played the game. She had fun.The Ball Smasher side played the game like it was a game the whole season. Their "What are the odds" games before the Safety Ceremonies created some of the funniest feeds of the year. She won comps when she desperately had to win comps. Did she win every comp, no, but no one ever does. She lost friends and even a sister in the game, but kept her good humor all the way through to the end. The odds seemed hopelessly stacked against her, but she fought through to the end and won. 

Jason chose to play a game of personal destruction. He could have played a clean game. He could have treated his fellow house guests kindly and been respectful and played the game like it was a game. He chose not to play that way however. He played a game where he had no respect for his opponents and did everything possible to destroy them and their reputations both inside the house and out. He played a game of psychological warfare and deprivation where he and his allies would eat/destroy the Have Nots food so they couldn't have any of the supplements to make slop somewhat more palatable. He laughed about doing it. He gloated in stealing the pineapple from the girls and had to be talked into returning it by Justin. He found out Shelby liked the Krackels and stole every Krackel and hid them right up to the finale. He was a mean, vile, petty, little boy who behaved like an undisciplined thirteen year old. (Bear in mind he's 27 and Morgan's only 22.) 

Morgan was a generally classy, intelligent young woman who played a good, clean game. In the end she was the biggest, strongest, fastest, smartest, most loved, least hated player left and that's why she won. Jason had every advantage coming in, a huge fan base in  game where public voting counted the most, vast knowledge of the game, a devoted clique within the house that willingly sacrificed their own games to keep him in the house, but in the end his game play cost him the game. He chose to play the game in a manner that lost him support throughout the season while Morgan played it in a manner that gained her support throughout the season.

Of the final three, Morgan was the clear winner to me. I just don't see there being any room for debate or discussion about it. She checked off every checkmark I have for a winner and I had no reservations voting for her to win. She played the game the way I like to see the game played. She didn't try to destroy anyone along the way. She took her fair share of lumps and kept a smile on her face and continued to play the game. She was classy, intelligent, a good game player, and provided lots of entertainment. Frankly, to me, there was no question as to who should win of the final three. Morgan checked all of my boxes and deserved the win.

To overcome everything she had to overcome and still win, is a remarkable accomplishment and truth be told, she couldn't have done it without Jason. He lost Big Brother. Had he behaved in a more adult fashion, he'd have likely won going away. He chose not to behave in a more mature fashion despite being the older, more experienced house guest. He had every advantage in the game and he threw it all away.

It's likely his very verbal public attacks against Justin at the end of the game cost him the win. Up until then, despite all of his childish antics he was still favored, but then his hate-filled rants against Justin, who had supported him the whole game and had a good sized fan base of his own, likely cost him the five hundred fans he needed to win. The margin was about 20,000 votes and with each voter casting 40 votes, it all came down to five hundred fans.

Jason started out with a fan base of between 30,000 and 65,000 fans depending on whose numbers you use while Morgan started out with a very small fan base of close friends and family. Over the course of the season Jason's fan base melted away while Morgan's grew and in the end there were five hundred or so more people supporting Morgan than Jason. That's a pretty impressive swing in ten weeks time. Jason earned the loss through his behaviors and actions and Morgan earned the win through hers. I'm proud to say I voted for Morgan and yes, she deserved to win.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Re: Thursday 12/01/2016 Big Brother Over The Top Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I agree with you Gardenman, 100%.  I was very frustrated with the behavior of the LNJ group.  It seemed with all their vile behavior, the game was going their way.  Jason COULD have played a mature game,  it chose to be vile and abusive.  I am not sure if he thought that made him look good among his group, or he is just a vile person.  I was not looking forward to the end.  I was sure Jason was going to win, and he DID NOT deserve it.  I was so thrilled. Morgan won.  I feel she really deserved it.  She hung in there with her classy behavior and it payed off.  I guess Krissie was shocked she did not win after her terrific game.  I read she stated she threw comps.  Who is she kidding?  I wonder how they felt when they discovered they were not Americas favorite people.  Thank you Gardenman for all your updates and input.  I agreed with your opinions the entire season.  Happy holidays to you and everyone on this forum.

Esteemed Contributor

Valued Contributor

That was Jason's game to lose ~ and he surely did. He let it slip away.

Watching the podcast last night, they thought that Jason lost the game in the last week too, gardenman. Why couldn't he stop his relentless attacks against Justin? It made absolutely no sense.

Comical that he also attacked Shelby during his recap of the season. Yeah, I guess living in your mother's basement isn't as boring as being a lawyer, right Jason?

Now ~ is Kryssie ever going to figure out that she wasn't America's sweetheart?

Esteemed Contributor

@tennpal15 I thought the same thing when I heard Jason's remark. He seems to be obssessed with Shelby and was still making rude comments about her when Jeff interviewed him last night after the finale. He was just as vile after the game as he was during it. 

And then there's Kryssie. After hearing her final speech and the comments she made on the feeds right afterward, let me see if I have this straight. Kryssie is bothered by Shelby being a lawyer who pretended to be a waitress, but it's absolutely fine for Kryssie to claim she was attending med school but dropped out to become a "ROCK STAR" and according to Kryssie, "I could have easily finished if I hadn't dropped out so Shelby is not smarter than me" yet now she actually is a waitress? Now that's contrivance that rivals even the most well developed fictional character!

After an entire season of listening to that belching, farting, foul-mouthed individual who claims her 12 years in the service industry left her with such "great people skills" that she can't even see she was taken to the end, not because people love her but as a goat, I almost felt sorry for her. I know we've seen other players in BB that have been delusional, but that one is exceptional (and I'm sure she would agree.) I can hear her now -

"Me exceptional? So glad you noticed! What's that, I didn't win? Just as suspected it was rigged for the popular girl. " 

Honored Contributor

Jason's never going to change. Kryssie has a chance to wake up yet. All of the house guests are aware of the Jokers' popularity poll and that'll stay up until the new season is ready to start. Those daily polls will drive Kryssie and the LNJ side a bit crazy. They've been below Monte and Cornbread in popularity down the stretch. I'm pretty sure that will be a shock to them.

I got so used to watching the feeds in the afternoons that I felt a bit lost this afternoon without any so I ended up flashing back to the very first night as the house guests entered the house. Scott was the very first one in and he immediately started playing with the extra door in the London room and was convinced it would play a role later in the game. He then showed it to Morgan. Poor Scott. He was so sure that door was real that it drove him crazy most of the season. In truth it's nothing more than wall art, but all season Scottt was convinced it hid a secret and that started within minutes of entering the house.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I can't get enough of that drop that Rob plays with Scott going "oooooh!!!!" ~ his reaction when Julie told him about the sister twist. So hilarious ~ and did you see he did it again on that little snapchat thing with Alex, Shelby, Cornbread & Monte?

too funny.

Honored Contributor

I think this ultimately ended up being one of my favorite seasons of Big Brother. It's right up there with season eleven for me. In both seasons you had a clear division in the house and the "good" side ended up overcoming impossible odds to win. There were days where things looked hopeless in both seasons, but in the end the good side triumphed.

The casting was really well done with clear heroes and clear villains. All in all it was a very good seaosn. I'm not sure I've ever had more fun watching feeds than when watching the "What are the odds" games played by the Ball Smashers before the Safety Ceremonies. Those serious, solemn Safety Ceremonies were typically turned into something  of a circus thanks to the outcomes of those "What are the odds" games.

It was ultimately a fun season to watch and I'll probably rewatch the feeds from time to time. I won't waste any time watching the LNJ side, but the Ball Smasher side kept me entertained most of the season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Occasional Contributor

Agreed!  And thank you again for your excellent updates!

Honored Contributor

And any hope that Danielle, Jason or Shane would moderate their behavior outside the game is now gone. They've all given lots of interviews where the hate continues to flow long after the game has ended. Those three did a Periscope together yesterday where they continued bashing Shelby, Morgan and anyone who wasn't part of the LNJ. They just know that poor Jason was cheated by America. Yeah. Right. 

It's just a shame that we have to wait until June to get a new group of hamsters. The sooner we could flush the LNJ out of our memories the better off we'd be. 

I do find it kind of funny that the group that did little but lie on the outside furniture all season bashing the other side of the house complains that the Ball Smasher side did nothing.

By now Jason should have seen the Jokers' popularity chart where the last time a member of the LNJ saw the top spot was day 20 and that was Justin. The LNJ side then slid into oblivion and ended up beneath Shelby, Alex, Morgan, Scott and both Cornbread and Monte. Whitney and Justin the two more moderate members of the LNJ then took up spots before the vile core of the LNJ finally showed up again. Danielle, Kryssie, Neeley, Shane and Jason held those bottom five spots for much of the season. That's why he didn't win BBOTT despite having a huge fan base coming in. He lost fans all season while Morgan and the Ball Smashers gained fans.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!