Respected Contributor

Three top 'Jeopardy!' champs face off in ABC's Greatest of All Time tournament

James Holzhauer just won the “Jeopardy!” Tournament of Champions, but you haven’t seen the last of him.

Holzhauer and the long-running quiz show’s two other biggest winners, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter, will face off in a prime-time Greatest of All Time tournament on ABC in January, marking the first network airing of the original “Jeopardy!” in 30 years. (“Jeopardy” is syndicated to local stations, but airs on ABC outlets in many top markets.)

“When James had his run last year, a lot of people were wondering, well how would he do against Ken Jennings? How would he do against Brad Rutter? (They’re) our two most successful players in "Jeopardy!" history,” says host Alex Trebek in an exclusive interview. “These three players have won close to $10 million in ‘Jeopardy!’ prize money and over 100 games among them, so it was logical.” 

But the GOAT tournament will be anything but typical: It consists of a series of two back-to-back games, airing weeknights (8 EST/PST) beginning Jan. 7. The player with the most combined winnings from the two games wins the “match,” and the play continues on successive nights (except Monday) until one of them has won three matches and takes home a $1 million prize. (The other finishers get $250,000 apiece). That means the tournament can last anywhere from three to seven days.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Re: Three top 'Jeopardy!' champs face off in ABC's Greatest of All Time tournament

I honestly don't know if I will watch every episode and I've watch daily forever. I just don't like James. It has nothing to do with his winnings or his tactics, just something about him I don't care for. I'll like DVR them as I always do and FF through them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Three top 'Jeopardy!' champs face off in ABC's Greatest of All Time tournament

@Love my grandkids Bless his heart. I agree, he is not the most likable contestant, but he is ratings gold.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

I have watched Jeopardy since the beginning.  I used to be able to answer a good many of the questions, but not so much anymore.  Memory and reaction time definintely going down hill.  Alex Trebeck is the perfect host for this program.  So sorry for his health problems.

Respected Contributor

I am glad I am not the only one that dosen't like James. But seems like they are going to continue bringing him back so I guess I will Just have to not watch.

Esteemed Contributor

Love it! I will watch for sure. 

Respected Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I am glad I am not the only one that dosen't like James. But seems like they are going to continue bringing him back so I guess I will Just have to not watch.

It's a game show, and his wins have qualified him to be in tournaments, just like all the other winners.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I was glad James won! When he smiles, he reminds me of a dog we used to have lol. ❤

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
I was glad James won! When he smiles, he reminds me of a dog we used to have lol. ❤

Woman Very Happy

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA    HA!Woman LOL