Honored Contributor

Re: Three Identical Strangers

@Pearlee wrote:

@chickenbutt  That Imdb link lists the running time as 1 hour and 36 minutes.   Wonder if commercials will take up the rest of the two hour time period?  

I'm sure you're right about that.   Usually I find that a two-hour show with commercials has around an hour and half of actual program.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Watching now.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

recording this to watch at a later date.

very anxious to hear this story.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Incredible story.  Will be shown again Sat. 2/2 at 9:00 pm EST on CNN.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

On again tonight--CNN. Heard and read about  them awhile back but didn't see it this last time On a few times tonight..

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

On again tonight--CNN. Heard and read about  them awhile back but didn't see it this last time On a few times tonight..

I may watch it again - at least the fun first part, before it gets really disturbing. Or, I may watch the whole thing again. I think it's pretty fascinating and a story well told.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Last night, I think it was Oxygen channel showed the 20/20 show about the separated twins and triplets from the Louise Wise Services adoption agency. The 20/20 show was from March, 2018.

The two Doctors that did the study had the study files sealed at the Yale University Archives until the year 2066.

The show did not interview the triplets. But they did show numerous photos and clips from them appearing on TV. And it did interview the Director of the documentary "The Twinning Reaction", Lori Shinseki.

@drizzellla

My question is why did they seal the study files until all participants and their families will be dead?  There must be an awful secret to this story that nobody knows!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw that docu when it first was released. I can't remember which network aired it but I don't believe it was any of the premium ones. Might have been on one of the regular cable channels...CNN?

eta - There were, in fact, quadruplets born. But one died at birth.

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

Last night, I think it was Oxygen channel showed the 20/20 show about the separated twins and triplets from the Louise Wise Services adoption agency. The 20/20 show was from March, 2018.

The two Doctors that did the study had the study files sealed at the Yale University Archives until the year 2066.

The show did not interview the triplets. But they did show numerous photos and clips from them appearing on TV. And it did interview the Director of the documentary "The Twinning Reaction", Lori Shinseki.

@drizzellla

My question is why did they seal the study files until all participants and their families will be dead?  There must be an awful secret to this story that nobody knows!

According to the documentary they were trying to get the files opened before 2066. A set of twins with the help of lawyers were able to read their files. Not sure if their files were redacted or not.

Honored Contributor

I watched this again last night and noticed that from the original verson I saw in the theaters and even the version that was shown last Saturday night, between last week and last night they made two cuts that I noticed (and there may have been others I didn't notice), probably to fit in even more commercials!   

The scene where Bobby and his college friend were stopped for speeding on the way to driving out to meet Bobby's twin was cut (early in the film) which was no big deal to me but I dislike making cuts.   But more importantly, one scene where I laugh out loud was cut from last night's version - when one of the triplets didn't have health insurance and needed his appendix out, so he just had the surgery done using one of the other triplets' name who did have health insurance and they say that triplet (forgot now which one) better hope he never needs his appendix out!   

Grrrrrrrrr....they need to show the film unedited.  It only does have a 136 min. running length, as I pointed out to chickenbutt upthread which gives them plenty of time for commercials without editing anything out!   Grrrrrrr.