Honored Contributor

Re: Three Identical Strangers

@denisemb    since you didn't want spoilers, I hope you didn't watch The View today.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

saw the brothers on THE VIEW today and yes, i agree......if you dont want spoilers and if you have not heard this story, then dont watch.....or record for another day.

i had already read spoilers on other threads and on websites.

looking forward to the documentary though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@denisemb    since you didn't want spoilers, I hope you didn't watch The View today.

Nope, I don't usually watch the View.  However, I did accidentally run across some spoilers. Woman Sad

Denise
Respected Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

I've been wanting to see this and was ready to drop $3.99 on my cable system until I noticed CNN will be playing this Sunday, 1-27 at 9:00 pm.

It's a documentary about triplets separated at birth, and they didn't find out until they were 19 in the early 80's.  And evidently the adoption agency had a sketchy reason behind this.

If anyone has seen this, what were your thoughts?  Please don't post spoilers.

Thank you very much! I was looking for this film.

Honored Contributor

I seem to think that I've seen their story before but I'll be darned if I can remember much.    I plan to watch the CNN piece.

But I'm wondering - is this a limited series, or just one 2-hour episode, or?   I notice that on my guide it just shows it as 'CNN Films' for a two-hour slot, then right after that another 2-hour slot.  I don't know if it's just one piece or two, or if they are just running it twice in a row.  

What keyed my sort-of memory is the (I think) same spoiler item to which some of you refer (I watched The View), so the story seems familiar but I look forward to seeing the whole story.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt  Hi again.  I just checked my TiVo Guide and the same show is on 1/27 and 2/2.    There are 6 shows on each day.  They are all the same.  

I'm still confused with the Durst episodes.  I am recording it starting 8 am and it seems like there are three episodes - not four.  It is too confusing.  So, I am recording whatever I see.  

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@chickenbutt  Hi again.  I just checked my TiVo Guide and the same show is on 1/27 and 2/2.    There are 6 shows on each day.  They are all the same.  

I'm still confused with the Durst episodes.  I am recording it starting 8 am and it seems like there are three episodes - not four.  It is too confusing.  So, I am recording whatever I see.  

Howdy!  Smiley Happy   I went ahead and scheduled both of those two-hour slots for Sunday and if it's just one I can delete, but would hate to watch some and miss the rest.

As to the Durst show - it is a total of four hours.   Some of the airings have been done in 2-2hour slots and some of the airings have been in 4 1-hour slots.   Odd, I know, but that's the dealio.   Smiley Very Happy

I see that they have it split up for this coming Sunday with pt1, pt2 of the first episode and pt1, pt2 of the second episode, so it's a full 4 hours from beginning to end.

Glad you mentioned that, as I have to finish the second part.  I love that I can watch shows from either Tivo on either TV because I have that one on my bdrm Tivo, so I'm planning to finish it today.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I seem to think that I've seen their story before but I'll be darned if I can remember much.    I plan to watch the CNN piece.

But I'm wondering - is this a limited series, or just one 2-hour episode, or?   I notice that on my guide it just shows it as 'CNN Films' for a two-hour slot, then right after that another 2-hour slot.  I don't know if it's just one piece or two, or if they are just running it twice in a row.  

What keyed my sort-of memory is the (I think) same spoiler item to which some of you refer (I watched The View), so the story seems familiar but I look forward to seeing the whole story.

@chickenbutt  It's a documentary film.  I saw it at the movie theater a while back.

CNN must be showing a repeat of it right after the first showing..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7664504/

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt  It's a documentary film.  I saw it at the movie theater a while back.

CNN must be showing a repeat of it right after the first showing..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7664504/

Thank You very much!  Smiley Happy   So I guess it's just one two-hour block.   For some reason, sometimes, the Tivo Guide, since Rovi, is devoid of details and you just have to figure it out yourself.  Smiley Mad  (yikes, that's the worst 'mad' emoticon ever) heh

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  That Imdb link lists the running time as 1 hour and 36 minutes.   Wonder if commercials will take up the rest of the two hour time period?