Respected Contributor

I've been wanting to see this and was ready to drop $3.99 on my cable system until I noticed CNN will be playing this Sunday, 1-27 at 9:00 pm.

It's a documentary about triplets separated at birth, and they didn't find out until they were 19 in the early 80's.  And evidently the adoption agency had a sketchy reason behind this.

If anyone has seen this, what were your thoughts?  Please don't post spoilers.

Denise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Three Identical Strangers

I think I saw this. Very interesting regarding the debate about genetics vs. environment.  Enjoy watching the show.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb   thanks for the CNN info.

You may be interested in reading another thread about the movie:

link--> three identical strangers

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

there was a thread months ago about this documentary.

i have been wanting to see it. thank you for the heads up about it being shown on CNN.

unfortunately it is not yet showing on my DVR so that i can make sure to record it or set a reminder.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Tique

I'm hesitate to read another thread because of spoilers, but thanks!

Denise
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45

I'll remind you!

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb, thanks for posting.  I will watch.  LM

Honored Contributor

I started watching this on Amazon.  Didn’t get through it and couldn’t get back to it before the 24 hour rental period was up. 

It was fascinating....will want to watch the rest (at no cost) when I can. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info, this is something I would be interested in seeing.  I am putting it on my list and looking forward to it.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Last night, I think it was Oxygen channel showed the 20/20 show about the separated twins and triplets from the Louise Wise Services adoption agency. The 20/20 show was from March, 2018.

The two Doctors that did the study had the study files sealed at the Yale University Archives until the year 2066.

The show did not interview the triplets. But they did show numerous photos and clips from them appearing on TV. And it did interview the Director of the documentary "The Twinning Reaction", Lori Shinseki.