Honored Contributor

Three Game Shows (Sports Themed)

Summertime is the time for the networks to air their game shows, I suppose they don't cost a lot to make and it is lighthearted entertainment. I watched three shows.

1. Titan Games with Dwayne Johnson as host, this is it's second season, airs on Mondays on NBC at 8:00. I liked it.

2. Game On airs on Wednesday, CBS at 8:00, it's hosted by Keegan-Michael Key. It has two teams captained by Venus Williams and Rob Gronkowski. It has elements of sports and comedy, with trivia. It was fun.

3. Ultimate Tag hosted by the three football/brothers Watts airs on Wednesday 9:00 on FOX. Players run a maze and have to avoid getting tagged. This is a fast paced show, and contestants need to be in the shape of their lives. I must be starved for any kind of sports, I enjoyed each show.

Honored Contributor

Re: Three Game Shows (Sports Themed)

Am I the only one who watched these three shows?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I tuned in to one, saw it was sports-themed, and couldn't get away fast enough. Does that count lol?

love game shows, but was ticked to see sports (sports, sports, sports, as I say to DH) encroaching on yet another TV genre. But that's just me.

Because, to answer your question, no, you were not the only one watching them.  You'll be happy to know (and I wasn't) that all three of the game shows you mentioned won their time slots--and in the prized demo.

That's good news for you... while I wait in anticipation for Password or Concentration to return.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady wrote:

Well, I tuned in to one, saw it was sports-themed, and couldn't get away fast enough. Does that count lol?

love game shows, but was ticked to see sports (sports, sports, sports, as I say to DH) encroaching on yet another TV genre. But that's just me.

Because, to answer your question, no, you were not the only one watching them.  You'll be happy to know (and I wasn't) that all three of the game shows you mentioned won their time slots--and in the prized demo.

That's good news for you... while I wait in anticipation for Password or Concentration to return.

@Moonlady oh good. it's a lot of pressure making good picks !

Honored Contributor

Anyone watching any of these shows, I watch all three and enjoy them?

Honored Contributor

I know no one is watching Game On!  but me! Last night Team Venus had to take the loss. Venus said she fears snakes, what do you think they brought out, that's right a big snake that needed two people to bring it out! They then put that snake around Venus' shoulders, you could tell she didn't want to do it, but she was a good sport and did. I think I would die!

Respected Contributor

The only sports-themed show I watch is Holey Moley which is on ABC @ 8 pm.  I find it hilarious. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET  What night?  I'd like to take a look.

@Jordan2  I'm sure I would have enjoyed Game On as I like all those you mentioned.  But I forgot it was going to be on.  Maybe next week, depending on who will be on.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@SWEET  What night?  I'd like to take a look.

@Jordan2  I'm sure I would have enjoyed Game On as I like all those you mentioned.  But I forgot it was going to be on.  Maybe next week, depending on who will be on.

@esmerelda 

Meant to put Thurs. at 8 pm.  It's mini golf and some professionals are on there.  Karin Slaughter, the author, was also. 

Respected Contributor

I was not a fan of the Watt Brothers' game show, but, Game On was hilarious!  I will continue to watch that as I await real sports to return!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it