Esteemed Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I love this show.  I think the casting for the younger version of the characters was great.  Especially the young Kate - she is so pretty.  And adult Kevin - I could watch a whole series just about him!

I don't think Kevin gets enough credit for his acting on the show.  A few seasons ago there was a show mostly about him and how he became an alcoholic.  There was a scene where he broke down outside the house of a girl he spent the night with (he left his dad's necklace at her house).  It was some of the best acting I've seen.  But, he didn't even get an emmy nod.

@Travone I agree.  I remember that episode.  I think all the actors are excellent and most deserve nominations.  And while good, I think Mandy Moore is probably not up to par with the rest of the adult actors.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I wonder when and if they will focus on Malik's daughters Mom

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Agree Kevin's character is well acted. Would like to see more focus on his 'new' life. He's not well paired with the woman (forgot her name) I wonder where that's going. 

The foster child angle adds an element of chaos within Randall and Beth's home. It's a real depiction. Brings back familiar memories as a former foster parent. Almost painful to watch as the focus is off his bio kids because they're trying to keep Daisha on the rails.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Sort of like real life!  Many times young teens are drawn to other teens that we don't like or can't possibly understand why.  The people they choose are a lot of times not who we think we would like for them to be with.  I agree with what you are saying.  The young man playing this character is charming but has a child and this is not what they would want for Desa, considering eveything she has already been through.  But, the more everyone protests, the more they will want to be together.  HA -- I am acting like these are real people, but this holds true in real life, also.  Yes, Desa does appear much older looking than he does.  I guess it makes for more interesting story line this way than for her being interested in a rich boy with no baggage! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@golding76 

Omg   I could feel Beth's pain.  Having to sit there and be polite with them when all she wanted to do was say  "Get out of my house and take that no account boy who is not good enough for my child with you!"   Every mother's worse nightmare is that your young daughter will date a boy or young man who is much too experienced for her. A this kid has already fathered a child...LOL   That dinner called for lots of wine...LOL

Honored Contributor

Chrystaltree,

I also was mesmerized when the mothers tangled over their children.  Whoa, Nellie!

Get out of Beth's way!  She is strong as is Malik's mom.  

Honored Contributor

I do think both kids are outstanding and come from caring, loving homes.  It is just that they met too soon.

What to do?  If only they were freshmen in college...

Honored Contributor

@golding76 

No, I would not want my 18 year old daughter who is just starting her life and her college career ensnared with a young man who has a child and is raising that child.  That's the problem with being a teenage parent, it limits one's opportunities and choices in life.  

Honored Contributor

I was thinking of the best "too-young-to-meet" scenario, and college freshmen was the best I could do.

Yes, even then they are both too young to be tied down to one another.  And for Deja to have to care for a young child from that tender age would be too much for her on the cusp of the growth that would lie ahead of her. 

I met my first husband (who became my husband from whom I was separated within six months of marriage) when I was in my second week of college.  He was a year older.  We married seven years after meeting.  Total disaster on numerous fronts.  Do not recommend.

Are we going to have star-crossed lovers here?  Timing and luck, timing and luck.  So much depends on those two factors. 

Honored Contributor

Asante Blackk is 18.

Lyric Ross is 16.

i am liking this young couple and the storyline.

i believe on the show they are supposed to be 16 and 14?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein