Respected Contributor

I do not like the pairing up of Desa and her boyfriend (forgot his name).  He is nice enough and a good actor but he looks like a 12 year old and Desa looks so much older than a 14-year old.  I just cannot buy them as a couple.  

Respected Contributor

Oh, how old are they supposed to be? about 14 - 16? I think the paring is a good 1. I think the actor has a stunning look. 

Respected Contributor

Malik.  I don't like him.  I think I don't trust him.  Deja looks and acts a lot more mature but that's generally true of teen boys and girls.  Deja doesn't need more heartbreak and I think that's what I fear from this relationship.  

Respected Contributor

@conlt wrote:

Oh, how old are they supposed to be? about 14 - 16? I think the paring is a good 1. I think the actor has a stunning look. 

" I think the actor has a stunning look. "

@conlt  ITA that kid has the most beautiful eyes and eyelashes !

I am enjoying the relationship. I believe Deja is finding that he is not a 'player' like so many young boys . This is like Beth and Randell at about that age. 

Honored Contributor

I think there was definitely a casting problem with the boyfriend.  I can't take that storyline seriously because he looks like he's 12 but Desa does indeed look like a 14 year old.  

Honored Contributor

I was talked into watching this series from my friend. But it moves SO SLOW!! Nothing exciting ever happens. It went downhill when we finally found out how Jack died. I don't know how much more of this show I can take. Boring, boring, boring! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Thus far this season, I have found the series exciting and innovative when it comes to new story lines.  Guess I love This Is Us, no matter what.

As for Deja's love interest who was introduced to us recently, I find that he reminds me of John Legend in his looks.  His face is sweet.  But will he be sweet and kind to Deja?

It might that I am anxious about the possible curtailing of Deja's academic success (she's obviously a gifted child judging by her school performance) that makes me not too happy about her falling for the young father.  I want so much more for Deja.

The dinner guest scenes were brilliant.  When Beth suggested they start imbibing the wine (to lessen the anxiety) and the young man's family declined, I felt Beth's pain.  Oh brother, all the anxiety with no palliative.  It was humorous.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this show.  I think the casting for the younger version of the characters was great.  Especially the young Kate - she is so pretty.  And adult Kevin - I could watch a whole series just about him!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I love this show.  I think the casting for the younger version of the characters was great.  Especially the young Kate - she is so pretty.  And adult Kevin - I could watch a whole series just about him!

I don't think Kevin gets enough credit for his acting on the show.  A few seasons ago there was a show mostly about him and how he became an alcoholic.  There was a scene where he broke down outside the house of a girl he spent the night with (he left his dad's necklace at her house).  It was some of the best acting I've seen.  But, he didn't even get an emmy nod.

Honored Contributor

Her name is DEJA.  Yikes.

I agree that Malik looks much younger than Deja, but perhaps that is the charm of the relationship. 

Both Malik and Deja have been through some things; Malik has had support all along while Deja had to go through some troubling times without much support before Beth and Randall.

I don't think Deja is any more mature than Malik is; just different walks of life leading to their meeting.

Asante Blackk and Lyric Ross are paired perfectly, imo.  Both as actors and characters.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh