Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 4 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@ID2 wrote:

Wow ladies, I am SHOCKED at your disapproval of Chrissy Metz {Kate} appearance! I can't believe some seem to judge others soley by their weight. Really? Talk about body shaming. Very mean and certainly not nice. 

=====

Sad, and I wonder what other imperfections bother people. Crooked teeth, burn scars, missing limbs......

I will agree anything out of the norm can be distracting, but only for a short time until you accept the reality that this is something that person deals with every day.

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 4 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@beach-mom @AuntG @lovesallanimals @ID2 @NickNack 

We watched.

DH says this is the only valuable show left on regular tv.

I agree.

The ending of this week's episode left me confused and I do think I missed some important clues.

Yes, I'd have to say Rebecca is experiencing some memory issues...

the ending does a time-warp...future, recent past, present right?

If the show ever showed baby Jack grown up, I entirely missed this!

When was he shown...the blind grown up man?

"This Is Us" never fails (every single episode) to tug at my heartstrings. It always catches me off guard, too!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Wow ladies, I am SHOCKED at your disapproval of Chrissy Metz {Kate} appearance! I can't believe some seem to judge others soley by their weight. Really? Talk about body shaming. Very mean and certainly not nice. 

@ID2   I don't consider this body shaming at all.  Morbidly obese is not the same thing as overweight.  She is completely unhealthy, and I agree with @lovesallanimals  that she can barely walk.  This is not fat shaming.  It's very very different.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@beach-mom @AuntG @lovesallanimals @ID2 @NickNack 

We watched.

DH says this is the only valuable show left on regular tv.

I agree.

The ending of this week's episode left me confused and I do think I missed some important clues.

Yes, I'd have to say Rebecca is experiencing some memory issues...

the ending does a time-warp...future, recent past, present right?

If the show ever showed baby Jack grown up, I entirely missed this!

When was he shown...the blind grown up man?

"This Is Us" never fails (every single episode) to tug at my heartstrings. It always catches me off guard, too!

@LTT1   Yes, there was a time warp.  Rebecca left Randall house on Thanksgiving and they kept showing her getting disoriented....in the park, grocery store, and chinese restaurant.  We were led to believe this was happeing on Thanksgiving, but it was actually 9 months in the future on the day of the Big 3's 40th birthday.  We know this because the police return her to Kevin's cabin and they are there to celebrate the birthday.  Rebecca comes home on Thanksgiving and said she went to a movie, but got confused during the previews and told Randall she will go to the doctor.

The part were baby Jack was grown was very brief.  It was again Thanksgiving and he was with his wife/girlfriend who was pregnant.  He was putting 5 pounds of shrimp on the table......thus keeping the tradition alive.

I love how you really have to pay attention to every minute of this show.  Luckily a good friend of mine also watches so we usually talk about the show on Wednesdays.  This week she told me that Uncle Nicky was wearing the Thanksgiving hat.....I totally missed that part.  I agree with your DH this is a show worth watching.

Honored Contributor

I saw Toby wearing what looked like a Pilgrims hat, is that the Thanksgiving hat?

Esteemed Contributor

When Kate picked up Toby's phone to take a photo, there was a message from someone (I assumed a part of his crossfit group) who sent a message not to let her drag him down -- or something like that. Kate read it but kept quiet. Hubs said -- Kate really is a downer and Toby struggles with depression. It has to be difficult for him. Okay, male perspective. But do you think Kate is a negative Nellie?  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I really dont know why Kate insisted on telling Toby about the baby's first food, it made him feel so bad, and who would have been the wiser if she just let him think he was the first one who got him to eat. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

When Kate picked up Toby's phone to take a photo, there was a message from someone (I assumed a part of his crossfit group) who sent a message not to let her drag him down -- or something like that. Kate read it but kept quiet. Hubs said -- Kate really is a downer and Toby struggles with depression. It has to be difficult for him. Okay, male perspective. But do you think Kate is a negative Nellie?  

Yes, I think that Kate is on a downslide into depression.  When she said to Beth, I don't like cross trainer Toby.  She said they were suppose to lose the weight together.  When was that suppose to happen? Toby was ready to get fit and she isn't.  Having a baby is an excuse.  Also, the text on Toby's phone about not letting Kate bring him down = obviously he had been crying on someone's shoulder at the the gym......most likely a girl, but who knows.  The texter called him Kryptonite, I think.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I think when Kevin said to his mother at the cabin, "we aren't talking to Randall, remember mom?"  it is because Randall kept their mother's declining health a secret from Kate and Kevin.  Remember, she made him promise not to tell them.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I think when Kevin said to his mother at the cabin, "we aren't talking to Randall, remember mom?"  it is because Randall kept their mother's declining health a secret from Kate and Kevin.  Remember, she made him promise not to tell them.  

@tends2dogs - You've got it! According to executive producer Isaac Aptaker:

"When it comes to the trouble between Kevin and Randall, Aptaker hints that fans may come to find out that rift revolves around Rebecca’s diagnosis. “Yes, I think that the secret could be it. There’s going to be a lot of complicated decision-making down the line regarding Rebecca’s treatment and care, and that all makes existing sibling rivalries rear their heads, for sure,”