Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 4 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@beach-mom , I'm finally all caught up. Any clue what's up with Rebecca?

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 4 - SPOgo ILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@loveschocolate wrote:

@beach-mom , I'm finally all caught up. Any clue what's up with Rebecca?

Hi @loveschocolate! I didn't get a chance to post the spoilers last week, but I already have some for this week!

We will see more this coming week, but they are giving major clues that memory loss is starting to affect Rebecca. 

When we first saw the Season 3 finale, we saw Randall go into Rebecca's room and say, "Hi Mom. It's Randall. Your son Randall." At the time I didn't know whether or not Rebecca had memory loss or was blind. So it looks like it's memory loss. 

This Tuesday should be something!

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 4 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

Season 4, Episode 9 -  "So Long, Marianne"

The Pearson family gathers for their first Thanksgiving at Randall's Philadelphia townhouse.

Well, we already know this will be a "Beth gets the red wine out" Thanksgiving!

Nicky is excited but nervous to go with Kevin. Once he get there though the Pearsons welcome him warmly, as they do with others coming in and out of their lives. As he looks at the pictures with Jack, he really understands what being part of a family is, and he feels left out for all of those years he wasn't in their lives. 

Supposedly a surprise visitor shows up - maybe Cassidy.

Shauna (Deja's birth mom) is back. Lyric Ross (Deja) says Deja and her adopted mom get some time during the holiday episode to “talk about everything that’s been going on, how life has been treating Shauna.” The result? “A lot of mixed emotions.” Ross reminds us that last Thanksgiving was her character’s first with the Pearsons; even though she’s grown to love them, she says, “she really misses being home with her mother.”

After all of Toby's cross-fit friends text him congratulations on feeding Jack his first solid food, Kate tells him that neighbor Gregory actually gave him a piece of avocado. It's Toby - so of course he is a little upset, but he realizes there will be many "firsts" in Baby Jack's life, including this first Thanksgiving.

And - there's the major issue of Rebecca's dementia. In the previews we see her standing in a park looking lost, and Randall trying to contact her before Thanksgiving dinner. 

Some are saying she sees Jack when she meets Nicky. 

A lot of people think the lyrics "So Long Marianne" have to do with this situation. The lyrics speak about a journey of self discovery, romance, and heartache. Could be. 

This is the last show until January. 

Interesting fact: The actor who plays Baby Jack as an adult is legally blind in real life; the babies who play him as an infant are not. 

Enjoy the episode! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom , thank you! 😊

Honored Contributor

Last nights show was so sad on so many levels

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Last nights show was so sad on so many levels

I loved last night's show.  I really like sober Uncle Nicky.  I'm glad he realized even though he wasn't with the family that Jack didn't forget him.  Also loved that he revived the shrimp tradition and it is still going strong when baby Jack is an adult.  Looks like the second part of the season is going to be good.  When we fast forward to their 40th birthday, we don't see Randall or Toby.  Is Toby still with Kate in 9 months?  Also, what happened that Randall and Kevin aren't speaking on their 40th birthday?  Can't wait.  This is by far my favorite show.

Respected Contributor

I was very reluctant to post this as I did not want it to be taken the wrong way.  I love this show and all the characters. That being said, I find it very difficult to watch the actress who plays Kate.  She is so young and so beautiful but I cannot understand why she does not lose weight.  It is so distracting for me to see.  She is not heavy, nor is she overweight she is morbidly obese.  Maybe she has a health condition, I don't know, but if not this cannot be a healthy way to live.  I just wish her character would lose some weight like Toby did (although I read somewhere that he was not actually heavy but wearing a "fat suit" to make him appear that way).  Sorry for saying this but I just cannot watch her for too long.

Honored Contributor

I feel the same way @lovesallanimals .  It's completely different to be morbidly obese than to be overweight.  It's so unhealthy,  I don't see how she can breathe.  She says she's perfectly healthy.  That can't be the case.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Wow ladies, I am SHOCKED at your disapproval of Chrissy Metz {Kate} appearance! I can't believe some seem to judge others soley by their weight. Really? Talk about body shaming. Very mean and certainly not nice. 

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Wow ladies, I am SHOCKED at your disapproval of Chrissy Metz {Kate} appearance! I can't believe some seem to judge others soley by their weight. Really? Talk about body shaming. Very mean and certainly not nice. 

First of all, we are all entitled to our opinions.  Furthermore, this is not fat shaming.  She is not 10, 50 or even 100 lbs. overweight, she is morbidly obese and for me anyway, I cannot understand how anyone, especially an actress in the public eye, does not think about her health and appearance to do something about it.  I just cannot understand it.  For goodness sake, she can hardly walk!