Respected Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 4 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

for myself and DH it did not disappoint ! I love it and say kudos to the writers. 

What are your thoughts on who the female vet is ?

Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 4 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

for myself and DH it did not disappoint ! I love it and say kudos to the writers. 

What are your thoughts on who the female vet is ?

I did not think of her as anyone special, just a new person that will enter Nickys life, that he can relate to. 

Super Contributor

I keep thinking may be she and Kevin will cross paths with being in AA.  It will be interesting to see who she is and what happens with her.  

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  said "Deja, who Randall (who finally appeared for a brief minute in the episode) when she came in the door asked that age-old "dad" question, "What happened to your face?" i.e. Are you wearing makeup? "

I thought he asked what happened to your face because she was smiling.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Rebecca has an "iffy" relationship with her mom Janet (Elizabeth McGovern), but is very close to her father Dave (Tim Matheson - OTTER! Animal House is still one of my guilty pleasures - but I digress Smiley Embarassed).  She is a real Daddy's girl. So this dinner will be interesting!

Elizabeth Perkins is Rebecca's mother. I watched just to see Lady Grantham/Cora Crawley and thought, boy did she look different.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@okaywitheasypay , @Shelbelle , @Mumof2 -

Most seem to think she will end up as Kevin's love interest and will have the child we see in the future. IDK. Dan Fogelman won't confirm this, but we do know she will impact Kevin's life in a big way. (see posts #1 and #9).

@Travone - You're probably right - we haven't seen Deja smile that much! But she WAS wearing makeup too, part of becoming a teenager. Smiley Wink

@lulu1 - Sorry for the mistake - thanks for pointing it out! I was typing fast and got confused, but I've changed it now! Smiley Embarassed (I can't wait to see the Downton Abbey movie!) Smiley Happy

Lyric Ross (Deja), 15 years old,  at the Emmy awards - so pretty!

Image result for lyric ross emmy awards

Honored Contributor

Season 4, Episode 2 - "The Pool: Part Two"

Beth and Randall adjust to life in Philadelphia. Jack and Rebecca take the big three to the pool.

Dan Fogelman says we're going to revisit the pool to see how far The Big Three have come and how the way they acted at age 12 will impact their lives as adults. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Season 4, Episode 4 - "Flip a Coin"

Kevin reflects on his past. Rebecca visits Randall at college. Beth's mom comes to visit. Kate and Toby share new experiences with baby Jack.

(Sorry I missed Episode 3 - "Unhinged")

Well, we will get to see the wonderful Phylicia Rashad again! We saw in previous episodes how controlling Beth's mother Carol, a school principal, was. Now we'll get to see the growing relationship between college Randall and Beth, after the awkward first date we saw last season (Season 3, Episode 17)! Niles Fitch (teenage Randall) says at first Carol and Randall don't get along. They are opposite personalities, and Beth has to decide whether or not she wants to "deal with" the always enthusiastic Randall. But remember, Randall told his roommate he was going to marry Beth. Add Rebecca, who is extremely close to him, and it should be interesting!

Speaking of first love, we will see Kate meet hers. She meets Marc, played by Austin Abrams, in a record store. 

We will see Cassidy and Kevin connect more. Dan Fogelman has said their relationship is complicated. He said she will change the course of Kevin's life. Most people are still convinced she's the mother of Kevin's son, but I'm not sure. After all, this show wouldn't seem to make it that obvious! Although we do see them getting cozy in one of the upcoming stills. Who knows? Anyway, we do know Kevin will do anything to help his Uncle Nicky - he turned down an M. Night Shyamalan movie! In tonight's episode we will see Kevin looking back at his past, including his time on The Manny. I DO think, whatever their relationship, he and Cassidy will become very close. 

And speaking of close, Kate has impacted the life of her neighbor Gregory. According to one of the writers, Gregory isn't a bad guy. He has had a stroke and Toby's car was in his way of walking. Common sense. The actor who plays Gregory, Tim Omundson, really did have a stroke two years ago. Fogelman worked with him before, and wrote this part for him. As much as Kate will mean to him, he will mean the same to her and make her feel better about herself. Chrissy Metz has said in this season we will see Kate become "healthier." It doesn't mean she will lose weight - she will just become healthier. 

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Randall and Beth as freshmen in college - tonight's episode. Niles Fitch has studied Sterling K. Brown's mannerisms, and IMO is doing a fantastic job as a believable young Randall!

Post image

Honored Contributor

Season 4, Episode 5 - "Storybook Love"

Rebecca hosts a dinner party. Kevin tries to support those around him. Randall faces concerns about how his family is adjusting to their new home.

Do we really think the This is Us team is going to give us an episode called "Storybook Love" that will be entirely about love and happiness? LOL! 

In the past, Jack and Rebecca host their first dinner party - before The Big Three are born. 

We saw the "shocker" last week of Kevin and Sophie getting married at 18 - BUT we already knew that from Season 1! This episode will go into why Kevin latched onto Sophie for security shortly after Jack's death. Executive Producer Elizabeth Berger said we will "potentially" see Alexandra Breckenridge return as adult Sophie. EP Isaac Aptaker said, "We love her, but she's very busy." 

I think for now they will stay with the developing Kevin/ Cassidy

relationship story line, whether it's friendship or it grows into something else. . 

We will see parts of Rebecca and Miguel's early relationship a year (1999) after Jack's death when Miguel comforts Rebecca in her kitchen at the dinner party Rebecca and Kate host in their new home. It will just be a glimpse of what is to come. Remember they didn't get together until Tess was born, and it will be interesting to see how Miguel ended up in Texas. The Big Three and their respective boyfriend/girlfriend/wife will all be together, with their mom and Miguel. Randall brings Beth home and Kate gets a special visit from Marc, who introduces himself as "Kate's boyfriend." 

In the present Kevin meets Cassidy's husband Ryan when he goes to their son Matty's hockey game. Ryan does not like Kevin and makes it clear. Apparently Matty has been telling his dad about Kevin. 

Kevin and Uncle Nicky really start to bond when Nicky shares a family "ice cream" story with Kevin. Peter Onorati is back as Stanley Pearson.

Kate and Toby are waiting for a special baby gift - from Kevin and Randall. Maybe a pony? LOL! 

Randall and Beth are struggling with finding out Tess has anxiety (like Randall). They are also dealing with class and race issues (maybe with Deja and Malik and his family?), and, according to Executive Producer Dan Fogelman, Randall is headed for "an incredibly deep, almost scary story arc." 

Milo directed this episode - his first time directing! Enjoy! Smiley Happy