Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 3 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

@beach-mom....Good question!...The campaign and election timing ran right through the Holiday Season...Election night was about two weeks after New Year's Eve.

Dan Fogelman and writers need to explain this to us!...lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 3 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

Be still my heart! Goran Visnjic will have a recurring part as Beth's teacher Vincent, beginning with an episode about Beth's back story. He helps Beth rediscover a passion she once left behind.

I've had a crush on him ever since he played Dr. Luka Kovac in E.R. He's going to give Milo and the other men some competition IMHO! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Season 3, Episode 11 "Songbird Road - Part One"

Rebecca and the Big Three reckon with secrets Jack kept from them; Jack's Vietnam story continues to be revealed.

Well, we all saw the postcard written in 1992 and signed "C.K" (for "Clark Kent," the name Jack called Nicky). He wrote "Last One." Why was that the last? 

Obviously he knew Nicky was alive after the war. And The Big Three now know. We will see them go to visit their uncle on 2125 Songbird Road and discuss - with Rebecca - why Jack didn't tell them the whole truth. Before that we will go back to Vietnam and see what Jack finds after the explosion. Jack finds out Nicky was not in the boat. One theory is that Nicky was responsible for the explosion, which killed another or others, and Jack helped him get away.

Did Jack keep Nicky's survival from his parents, especially his mom? Did Miguel know? He was always Jack's best friend. 

We will also see - or start to see - Nicky and Jack through the years. 

Jack didn't want Nicky in HIS life, but he wanted to be in Nicky's life - some at least. Kate has a hard time dealing with this, and at first says maybe Jack didn't know Nicky was alive. But Randall seems to have known somehow, and Kevin shows her the postcard. So they go to get answers. At first, after looking in the window, they're not sure anyone lives there, then Nicky appears. They will not be having a pleasant reunion with their long-lost uncle!

Honored Contributor

Words left unsaid. Worst thing ever.

Mad at Jack - he wouldn't even listen to Nicky.

Surprised Kevin was the one who wanted to go back - I expected it to be Randall. 

Honored Contributor

Can someone please tell me how the kids saved Nicky, did all 3 of them go back, I was dozing, thanks!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Can someone please tell me how the kids saved Nicky, did all 3 of them go back, I was dozing, thanks!!

@Shelbelle - All three of them went back. They were stopped at the same market Jack stopped at so many years ago - when he last saw Nicky. Don't know if you saw this part, but just in case. . . In the past they showed Jack looking at the sign - left to Bradford, right to Pittsburgh. He originally put his left turn signal on, but decided to put his past behind him and turned right. When he returned home he told Rebecca he hadn't told the truth. He didn't say it was his brother, but said it was someone from Vietnam who reached out to him. 

When Randall came out of the same store with snacks for everyone, the camera panned to Kevin, who was driving. He had a pensive look on his face. He was the one who decided to go back, saying, "I can't leave him like Dad did." The others didn't argue with him. When they got to the trailer, the door was ajar and Nicky was sitting at a table with a gun. Randall went over and slowly took the gun away. Nicky seemed to be in another world and kept repeating, "I never got to tell him. It was an accident."

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom, I finally got to watch the last two episodes. I cried at the end of this one. So sad.

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much for the explanation, now can someone please tell me where did Kevin find the old postcard, thanks!!

Esteemed Contributor

This week was so good -- ready for a few changes in the plot.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Thanks so much for the explanation, now can someone please tell me where did Kevin find the old postcard, thanks!!

@Shelbelle - Episode 10 - Zoe was finally unpacking her things in Kevin's home and found a box that had Jack's things from Vietnam. She was the one who found the postcard and showed it to Kevin. He knew who C.K. was and said, "My dad knew Nicky was alive. Why would he lie to us?"