Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 3 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

BTW - The original title for the episode "18,615" is about the number of people Randall thinks he has met when he is writing his college essay. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show, Season 3 - SPOILERS!!! - Don't read this if you don't want to know!

We now know about how and where Jack got the necklace, but there’s more going on about the woman who gave it to him. I’m really enjoying the storyline about Nicky; he was a loving brother to Jack, but has his demons. I think he’s a very multidimensional character and I think the actor who plas Nicky is fantastic. Maybe Jack inadvertently had something to do with Nicky’s death in Vietnam and that’s why he’s drinking.

I think it’s great that Tess is getting an interesting storyline at age 12: didn’t see that one coming! I think that grown Tess and Randall are going to visit Deja or little sister Annie. This Is Us always has surprises for viewers so I’m trying to think what would the writers do. Did they say next week is the season finale? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa Y...Next week's episode will be the Fall Finale and then this season will resume around January after the Holidays.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

This Is Us

from this year's Thanksgiving episode:  highlight numero uno  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lisa Y wrote:

We now know about how and where Jack got the necklace, but there’s more going on about the woman who gave it to him. I’m really enjoying the storyline about Nicky; he was a loving brother to Jack, but has his demons. I think he’s a very multidimensional character and I think the actor who plas Nicky is fantastic. Maybe Jack inadvertently had something to do with Nicky’s death in Vietnam and that’s why he’s drinking.

I think it’s great that Tess is getting an interesting storyline at age 12: didn’t see that one coming! I think that grown Tess and Randall are going to visit Deja or little sister Annie. This Is Us always has surprises for viewers so I’m trying to think what would the writers do. Did they say next week is the season finale? 

@Lisa Y - I don't think anyone did - which is what the producers want! We had kind of a heads up from Chrissy Metz (Kate) and Chris Sullivan (Toby) - see my post #28 for their quotes, but I was expecting more of a hint about what's coming next week.

Like @MyShadowLove said, next week is the season finale until January. But there is another episode scheduled for December. It could be a rerun, or it could be one that was originally planned and is now scrapped. IDK.

Oh, interview with Michael Angarano (Nick): When asked if we should prepare ourselves for next week's episode - since it is no secret to anyone that Nicky dies in Vietnam - by buying a box of Kleenex, he said something like, "Go to Costco and stock up on more than one box." He says it will be extremely hard to watch. 

So we're supposed to wrap up two story lines next week: Nicky and "her." We'll see!  Smiley Happy

ETA: @feline groovy - you made my night!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y

Interesting theory but if it was one of Randall's daughters why would he call Toby before they are going to visit.

I will be very interested to see where the Tess storyline goes

@Lisa Y wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Lisa Y

Interesting theory but if it was one of Randall's daughters why would he call Toby before they are going to visit.

I will be very interested to see where the Tess storyline goes

@Lisa Y wrote:

@I am still oxox  Maybe Toby was mentioned because he develops a warm relationship with his nieces. That hasn’t been explored yet, or maybe it won’t ever . The writers love to throw us a curveball, so only time will tell.

Honored Contributor

Season 3, Episode 9 - "The Beginning is the End is the Beginning"

Kevin arrives at the Ville his father served in; Kate pursues a new opportunity; Randall debates Councilman Solomon Brown; Jack struggles to get through to his brother.

Here we go. The fall finale. 

The producers have said all of our questions will be answered. But of course, in true This is Us fashion, more will probably be raised! 

Not many more clues about the "her." EP Fogelman and the stars are saying things like "it's not what we expect," and "heartbreaking," - all things we have heard before. But Fogelman said in an interview something about who, in the future, "becomes ill or other." He also talks about "what led her to this situation," which leads me to believe the character is alive. This scene will be the final point in the lives of the Pearsons, but there will be other scenes to come later on. 

Most people think it's Kate at this point. So do I. In last week's episode the writers made a point to let us know there was a strong bond developing between Kate and Tess, which may be why Tess is not ready to see her.

I read somewhere that in addition to being a Pearson, it is someone we love and care about. Have we become attached to the characters of Annie or Zoe (assuming she BECOMES a Pearson) that much. What about Deja? The ones I think we're most attached to are Rebecca and Kate.

About Nicky and Jack - most think that Nicky dies trying to help Jack, or that he commits suicide. Jack has always heard "big brothers look out for their little brothers. I think something happens, Nick tries to save Jack and can't, and Jack can't save Nick. But that may be a stretch too!

We see Randall get a standing ovation after asking an audience to give him a chance.

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Just found this screen shot. What do you think? There is only one egg, so maybe she is just still waiting to deliver and looking at babies. I don't think she would be there if it didn't work out for her, unless she's thinking about adoption like her parents. 

This Is Us - Season 3

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  Could she even be in the room with the babies if hers wasn't in there?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau